Manual trans noise

moyjas1980

Reaction score
It's possible...I will certainly be double checking the work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Stinkyone

forum member
Reaction score
For me it started when I installed cams. Get a knocky knock sound at idle. Push in the clutch and it stops. Trans parts are making contact due to the lope. Car runs great.

moyjas1980

Reaction score
I don't think this car has aftermarket cams

moyjas1980

Reaction score
Well... apparently someone had a programmer on it and that's what's causing all the codes and the running way rich. Must have had some accessories the PO stripped before trading the car in.

Good thing though I called and talked to the sales manager today. They are covering any and all repairs to it! So it will be a little while till I get it back but I'm ok with that as long as the bill is paid.

moyjas1980

Reaction score
Well the rabbit hole goes deeper...

They sent the car to a Ford dealer...they couldn't reflash the ecu so they replaced it..but not after ordering the wrong one for it... Got the right one...found out some idiot had the O2 sensor plugs reversed...solved that issue...sent it back to the dealer I bought it from... They put a wheel bearing and a ball joint on it...then sent it to their suburu lot (it's a big conglomerate dealership...) Who took it on trade originally to address the trans noise. They had replaced the slave cylinder so if there was a part warranty they had to do the work....ok...

So they screw around and try and tell me there is no noise. With is BS. It's plain as day...the original lot confirmed it.

So I call suburu lot just to make sure they understand the issue and the context to make it the noise happen... Service manager was a dick and was extremely rude to me... So now I'm fuming...called the original dealership and ream them a new turd hole...

It gos back and forth (I guess general manager got involved)

So I get stuck in a pissing match between lots...

Service manager of original dealership finally had enough with the suburu lot people... Pulled the car from their shop and sent it to a local transmission shop. They said no problem...they can fix...sounds like it could be chipped teeth on a gear in the trans.

So that's where it's at. Tuesday will make it 4 weeks they have had the car...still nothing out of my pocket...

thump_rrr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Mustangs are like strippers.
There aren't many that have all their original equipment.
They also take a lot of abuse and come back for more.

moyjas1980

Reaction score
Woohoo! Finally got my car back!
82ea76db86565c976bf200191946b509.jpg

moyjas1980

Reaction score
And the cel is on again....grrrr

rickf

forum member
Reaction score
If it was running way to rich for a long time as you said it was and it sounds like it took a complete drive cycle to set the CEL then I am going to guess the light is for a bad catalytic convertor.

moyjas1980

Reaction score
I don't know for how long it was doing that....I only had the car for a week before all this transpired

rickf

forum member
Reaction score
Well, I guess we know where it is going back to.:whistle1: Remember, you can always invoke the lemon law and get your money back.

moyjas1980

Reaction score
I'll be talking to them about today...this is crazy...

moyjas1980

Reaction score
P0490 and P0690.... Cat and ECM.... Called sales manager and he was helpful... They actually paid a Ford dealer to do the ecu stuff....pretty sure it's going to go back there.

rickf

forum member
Reaction score
The bright side of this is that you are getting a whole lot of new and very expensive parts on your car for free!!

moyjas1980

Reaction score
Yea...car runs much better now...the PO had it so rich it would stumble all over itself. Now when you punch it, it actually goes... Engine is strong and trans shifts fine.. I hate to give up on it.

moyjas1980

Reaction score
Rabbit hole gets deeper....trying to get dealer to take it back now...

moyjas1980

Reaction score
You have no idea....I managed to talk to the tech that knew the full history of the car....long story short I got hosed and now a lawyer may get involved...

rickf

forum member
Reaction score
Shouldn't need a lawyer, just look into the lemon law. No money out of your pocket and into a lawyers. I seriously doubt that tech would go to court for you, that would be his job. Not only there but any other dealer he ever applied at. Best to not even mention that he said anything so as not to cause him grief but let the law do the job.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back