October 2009 Car Of The Month: SC BOSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
underhood.jpg

This car has been one of my favorites for a long time. Shawn's mustang takes its cues from the 1970 Boss 302. And while it may look like a Boss 302 on the outside, the similarities end there. 298 cubic inches fed by 14psi via a Paxton Novi 2200 intercooled supercharger give this car 615 rwhp on pump gas. MMR stage II heads with BBR stage II cams are just a small part of this car's mod list. Oh, I am sorry, did I forget to mention this car also has nitrous? :popcorneat: The typical suspension mods with Nitto 305/35/20 drag radials help get the power to the ground--all though I think its going to take more then that once the nitrous button is pushed. But what really sets this car apart is the interior. Check it out in the pictures below. Here are some comments from Shawn---and congratulations on being S197FORUM's October Car Of The Month!

Hey everyone, My name is Shawn. Im a field service supervisor and I travel the states working on newspaper presses doing mostly web reductions (make the paper smaller) and Im only home around 5 times a year and my car is my main hobby. I am a huge DIY'er, me and my friend do most all of the work on the car. Sometimes that gets me in trouble but I mostly look at it as fun and a good learning experience! I want to thank you guys for the opportunity to be COTM and I look forward to next month and the month after so that I can learn more about other members. So much blood sweat and tears go into these cars (and hard earned money) that it is really nice when it is recognized.

z8-1.jpg

Dynosheet-1.jpg

Shawn adds: "The wheels that I have pictured are Zenneti Throwbacks, I now have a set of 20" Steeda Spyders on the car but most of my pictures are with the Zenneti's since the Steeda's are new. I have them wrapped in 275/35/20 Nitto's on the front and 305/35/20 Nitto Drag radials on the back."

17-9.jpg

Check out the interior of Shawn's car. Shawn states "for the guages I have two Aeroforce Interceptor guages and a boost guage on the pillar (sorry not SOS pods). One mechanical oil pressure guage under the hood (used for start up of new engine and left hooked up). I have a 7" in dash DVD up front with a 7" monitor in the trunk on a custom leather wrapped deck lid panel. Custom door panels with 7"mid bass 6.5" mid and 1" tweeter in each door. Rear package tray speakers are 5.25/1" components. In the leather wrapped and Dynamatted trunk there are two 10" subs, 1-2ch 600watt bass amp with 4 farad capacitor and 1-4ch 400 watt mid/high amp and one polished 10# Nitrous bottle!"

IMG_72661-1-1.jpg

trunk-1.jpg

Here is Shawn's Mod List:

298 stroker in a Teksid block
MMR stage II Heads with BBR stage II cams
Paxton Novi 2200 intercooled supercharger with 14psi
GI Joe 8 rib
GT500 fuel system
BBK long tube Headers, catless X pipe with FRPP axle backs
5R55S Transmission w/hardened input shaft built by Tony
PI multi disk 3500 stall
PA Deep trans pan and JDM's trans catch can
Adj pan hard bar
CHE adjustable upper control arm
CHE lower control arms
CHE anti squat brackets
BMR lowering springs
BMR tubular K member
Steeda Radiator support
BAER 14" big brake upgrade
305/35/20 Nitto Drag Radials
Custom interior and trunk and alot of little details!!

Future Mods include:

Roush wideband
Tru-Trac
3.73 gears
TCI shifter

bosswithnewgrillweb.jpg

Last edited:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Congrats Shawn..... great looks great!! :thumb:

SC boss

watch this!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks alot guys, Its definately a privelage to be COTM. There are tons of cars on the forum that I still look up to myself.

Shawn

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Very well deserved and a great choice S197forum!! Congrats man.,.:beer:

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Cogratulations! :thumb: You have a S197 to be proud of.:beer:

Nickoli

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Congratulations!!!! I guess next month they will be forced to choose a car out side of St. Francious county as I don't think anyone else around here is on the site lol. Very well deserverd! I think with out your car I may not have been pushed to do so much to my car. Let me know next time your around and we should get togather.:beer:

07torchgt

^MY NAME; THINGS I SAY>
Reaction score
congrats man, and that is one sweet car man... well deserved COTM...

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Most definitely well-deserved! Congrats!!

AirGoNomyk

Owned by a 3 legged dog
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Damn that's a great example...Congrats:beerdrink:

FnSweet06

forum member
Reaction score
You have a VERY nice car. Love what you did with the door panels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back