Acceleration problems

Smeaglly

Reaction score
Alright so here's my delema, I replaced my stock engine with a 09 engine and ever since I've swapped it my car lags, I'll even go full throttle and the car acts like it is trying to catch up then it will randomly kick in and it'll act fine, so I've put a new fuel filter and and fuel pump, very recent oil change since engine swap, car is fully stock except exhaust

Dad

forum member
Reaction score
Computer need to be re-flashed maybe? Traction control problem? I'm just throwing out stuff to think about here.

Smeaglly

Reaction score
No traction control problems, and have been thinking about swapping computer with my dad's just don't want to do anything until I know for certain so I'm not wasting money

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Throttle body motor mechanically binding and then snapping open? I would think this would flag a DTC however.

JimC

Reaction score
Automatic? If so, you may be low on fluid

Smeaglly

Reaction score
It's manual, is there any way to repair the throttle body motor?

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Before you tear into it I'd first clean the crap out of it with TB cleaner. It may just be gummed up over time. Just pull it off the car and give t a good once over. Don;t remove the TPS, or mess with any adjustments on it. Just focus on general cleaning.

Personally if it turned out to be a binding TB I would use that as an excuse to make an upgrade to one of the FRPP units available.

JimC

Reaction score
Personally if it turned out to be a binding TB I would use that as an excuse to make an upgrade to one of the FRPP units available.
There aren't any of those for the 4.0.

And the BBK aftermarket unit is known to cause issues on the 4.0.

Smeaglly

Reaction score
I've cleaned the TB thoroughly already, I've also tried using a newer TB and the same problem is still there

Smeaglly

Reaction score
Do you know what I would be logging? I've never done it before

46addict

Reaction score
Spark advance
MAF AD counts
Fuel pump DC
STFT bank 1 and 2
LTFT bank 1 and 2

These would be a good start. And if your car has a wideband o2 sensor that would help as well. The log can be saved into a csv (Excel) file and can be uploaded here for others to see. Maybe someone with tuning experience can tell you if any values are off.

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
Could be the charge motion plates acting up, sticking maybe? Seems like something that would cause a bog.

JimC

Reaction score
Could be the charge motion plates acting up, sticking maybe? Seems like something that would cause a bog.
The 4.0 doesn't have charge motion plates

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

JimC

Reaction score
It's in the V6 section

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Well butter my biscuit and call me blind. So it is. LOL! Never noticed that section.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back