V6 gt grill problem lining up

07ccdskaterv6

forum member
Reaction score
I got a gt conversion grill with fog lights for my v6 and it doesn't have clearance on the left fog light. The fog is making contact about 1.5" early ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347318563.791250.jpg
What did y'all do?

5.0H

forum member
Reaction score
Is that a "gt style" grille for the v6 or an actual gt grille? Gt grilles don't fit v6 bumpers...different tab alignments. Also, are you sure the fogs aren't on opposite sides? Maybe you need to switch and flip them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amustangrocks

forum member
Reaction score
a guy i work with just put one on his car, and he had to relocate the horns. the only other issue he spoke of was the mounting brackets were super cheap so he bought a set of fogs from a gt from new takeoff and used those brackets. said they were way better and solved that issue. hes off today but i can ask him tomorrow if there were any other issues

07ccdskaterv6

forum member
Reaction score
Well I got a set of nicer fog lights coming in the mail, I also relocated the horn and the grill slid right in. I don't like the cheap brackets at all hopefully the new fogs will come with brackets

amustangrocks

forum member
Reaction score
Well I got a set of nicer fog lights coming in the mail, I also relocated the horn and the grill slid right in. I don't like the cheap brackets at all hopefully the new fogs will come with brackets
he said the same thing about the brackets. the oem brackets i guess are way better and work great. i did like that the grill was made of the tuff plastic like the oem, and the light buckets match the headlights perfect. he said the bracket swap made it great. he did say the holes for the running pony were not perfect either, but still worked out ok.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back