Dual Exhaust.

07ToRcH

Torch Red FTW
Reaction score
Im interested in getting some duals for my V6. I bought a pair of GT take off Mufflers, and I replaced the stock muffler with a single Gt Muffler, I want to have the other Gt muffler installed, What are your opinions as far as getting an H, Y, or X pipe? Is it cheaper to have them made or to purchase the pipes online?

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
You can get the driver side pipe, either from a GT or aftermarket suppliers (Walker sells one).
As far as H or X (or none), the choice is yours. I don't run either an H or X, just duals engine-back.
The stock pipes before the Y are 2.25", while after the Y is 2.5".

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
If you're like me and don't plan on going FI in a good while, get 2 1/4 piping all the way back. you'll lose torque with the 2.5s. I got mine done in SB and they made an H pipe for me. Sounded way at WOT than the previous shit job they did. They just cut a hole into my Y pipe and made a pipe from there to the axlebacks. And not to mention a welding job that looks like I could have done with my feet, in the dark, with my eyes closed... Got it fixed, put my car on a lift at my grandpas shop and the new work looks good. :thumb: shoot me a text or PM when you wanna get it done. :thumb:

07ToRcH

Torch Red FTW
Reaction score
If you're like me and don't plan on going FI in a good while, get 2 1/4 piping all the way back. you'll lose torque with the 2.5s. I got mine done in SB and they made an H pipe for me. Sounded way at WOT than the previous shit job they did. They just cut a hole into my Y pipe and made a pipe from there to the axlebacks. And not to mention a welding job that looks like I could have done with my feet, in the dark, with my eyes closed... Got it fixed, put my car on a lift at my grandpas shop and the new work looks good. :thumb: shoot me a text or PM when you wanna get it done. :thumb:

how much did they charge you in SB ?

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
how much did they charge you in SB ?

I wanna say it was like 50 or so. but that's cause I already had an aluminized pipe bent all the way back, he just needed to fix it, i.e. adjust the tips, reweld pipes and make an H. Either way, that place never charges much. I paid 175 at jesses star muffler in mcallen. biggest waste of time and money ever.

07ToRcH

Torch Red FTW
Reaction score
I wanna say it was like 50 or so. but that\\\'s cause I already had an aluminized pipe bent all the way back, he just needed to fix it, i.e. adjust the tips, reweld pipes and make an H. Either way, that place never charges much. I paid 175 at jesses star muffler in mcallen. biggest waste of time and money ever.

Im thinking of just buying some pipe, find someone to bend it and have my brother in law weld it for me. Do u have any pics of your exhaust?

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
Im thinking of just buying some pipe, find someone to bend it and have my brother in law weld it for me. Do u have any pics of your exhaust?

I can try and get some later today after class. but the pipes are waaaaaaaay off since I got the new bumper. need to go get them adjusted.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back