Wiring Harness Woes

Rocket_Burn

Reaction score
Hello all :)

So I have a friend that purchased a 4.0v6 07 . It had a problem with a its wiring harness insomuch as it had some burned wires in the passenger footwell and had its fan motor jerry rigged the fan to a switch. He found and purchased a replacement harness we spent the greater part of 3 days replacing the internal harness and the motor harness only to realize he didn't get the harness that goes to the lighting and the fan. we put back together what we have with the intention of rewiring the fan to the Bussed Electrical Center. Before we did that though we tried to turn it on and it did refused to turn over. From what troubleshooting I've done it appears to be some sort of anti theft prevention that is not allowing it. What i'd like to know is if this is a correct assumption on my part and if so how to remedy it. If that is not it what on these harness would prevent it from starting.

The Harnesses replaced.
3nhFbVO.png

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
Is the theft light flashing? What are the codes?
Did you replace what was burn up inside the car?
Are we still dealing with partially rigged/burned other harnesses?

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
It very well could be AntiTheft (PATS) related. The GEM/SJB is in the passenger footwell as well. On the 07, PATS is in the SJB. So if whatever caused the wire meltdown, could well have damaged the SJB.

Do the tail, stop, turn signal lights work? (also controlled by SJB) Windshield wipers work?

As asked before, Anti Theft light flashing/on?

You really need to scan the PCM for codes and see if there are any faults the computers thinks the system has. Scanning the PCM will only give you half the info from OBD2. There are tools out there that will communicate with the rest of the modules on the car (on the MS CAN bus)

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back