Wipers only on high

Rypper1

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My 12 GT drivers side windshield drain had plugged up making it hold water. During a big rain storm the water got high enough to short out the wiper motor. Bought a new (rebuilt) motor for it and after install it only works on High and doesn't park the wipers when turned off. Is there a relay that controls the intermittent speeds, slow speed, and park? Or is it all in the motor and I got a bad rebuilt one? Any ideas? And yes, the drain has been cleared.

nawagner

forum member
Reaction score
Could be the multifunction switch in the steering column. Possible it's the motor, seen it before that a new part was bad but not likely.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
My 12 GT drivers side windshield drain had plugged up making it hold water. During a big rain storm the water got high enough to short out the wiper motor. Bought a new (rebuilt) motor for it and after install it only works on High and doesn't park the wipers when turned off. Is there a relay that controls the intermittent speeds, slow speed, and park? Or is it all in the motor and I got a bad rebuilt one? Any ideas? And yes, the drain has been cleared.

Probably a bad motor.

Rypper1

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Probably a bad motor.

That is my suspicion. Is there any way to test the leads going to the motor? I haven't been able to find a schematic for it yet. I know the big leads are pos/neg on each side but don't know what all the small pins in the middle are. From what little information I can find on it leads me to believe that all of the intermittent speeds and the park function are controlled in the motor.

jrolivo1975

Reaction score
That is my suspicion. Is there any way to test the leads going to the motor? I haven't been able to find a schematic for it yet. I know the big leads are pos/neg on each side but don't know what all the small pins in the middle are. From what little information I can find on it leads me to believe that all of the intermittent speeds and the park function are controlled in the motor.
Did the motor end up fixing your issue?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back