Spring Rates?

trakhoar

forum member
Reaction score
Can you post the spring rates of all your springs for the 11-12 Mustang GT, and if you have the stock rates for reference

Thanks. Im on the fence between the sport and ultra-light springs, they seem to have a similar drop rate so curious as to what the spring rate difference is

S

Steedagus

555-8206 Steeda Ultra Lites - 195lb front, 175lb rear
555-8215 Steeda Sport Springs 200lb front, 175lb rear
555-8220 New Steeda 05-12 GT Convertible sport springs 200lb front, 190lb rear
555-8245 - New Steeda Comp Springs Boss 302 and GT 225lb front, 195lb rear.

I have some stock hardtop spring rates

05-09 GT 134lb front, 120lb rear
2012 Boss 302 134lb front, 181lb rear.

way2qk4u2c

forum member
Reaction score
What is the advantage of having stronger spring rates? how is the competition springs better than the sport springs?

S

Steedagus

Handling is the advantage. The disadvantage is once you go high enough in spring rate you need better shocks and struts to achieve proper wheel control and maintain ride quality, however many people plan on upgrading their shocks and struts anyway so to some its not a disadvantage at all.

Ivan 5.0

Still learning...
Reaction score
Handling is the advantage. The disadvantage is once you go high enough in spring rate you need better shocks and struts to achieve proper wheel control and maintain ride quality, however many people plan on upgrading their shocks and struts anyway so to some its not a disadvantage at all.

Then is it safe to say that Steeda Competition springs will provide the best handling when used with upgraded shocks/struts?

What are the factory springs rates on the 2011 GT?

Mike K

WANNA BE FAST
Reaction score
I'm also looking for some upgraded springs. Would my stock saleen struts/shocks be ok for some comp spring?

S

Steedagus

I'm also looking for some upgraded springs. Would my stock saleen struts/shocks be ok for some comp spring?

Hard to judge that this way, how long have then been on the car? Who made those back then for Saleen? They may be compatible but I would need to know a little more about them to answer this question accurately.

S

Steedagus

Then is it safe to say that Steeda Competition springs will provide the best handling when used with upgraded shocks/struts?

What are the factory springs rates on the 2011 GT?

I searched and I do not have exact 2011 GT spring rates handy before posting this. I believe the front spring rate is still around 134lb in the front, I dont have the rear spring rate handy though.

Mike K

WANNA BE FAST
Reaction score
Hard to judge that this way, how long have then been on the car? Who made those back then for Saleen? They may be compatible but I would need to know a little more about them to answer this question accurately.

I have 36k on the car and I'm not sure who made them saleen. Maybe koni...

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I don't mean to hi-jack, but during our lowering spring redesign we found that the new 2011 Mustang GT rear spring is a 154lb/in. (This is why we redesigned our springs)

We also found that the front spring was slightly softer than the previous 05-10 GT.

Hope that helps.

jsimmonstx

forum member
Reaction score
First, I recognize that this is an ancient thread, but...

I currently have dub springs (Eibach pro kit?) on my car. They were fine when the car was a V6, and even after swapping in a 351 Windsor (thanks to BMR for the k-member!), however, I recently added a 671 blower to the car, and now the springs aren't strong enough to keep the car from bottoming out.

I read somewhere that the eibach pro-kit front springs are 460-570lbs, but I don't see how that can possibly be the case if the BMR springs are only 225 at their stiffest.

What's the real story here in terms of spring rates?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back