Not Another Broken Plug Thread

Uvangoey

Reaction score
I hate to do it because I know there is hundreds of broken sparkplug threads. But I haven't quite found one describing mine. I'll make it as short and sweet as possible.
I have a 05 get, bone stock. Not the best taken care of mechanically before me.
So I'm assuming there are the factory plugs or close to at 110,000k. There was almost nothing left of electrode of the ones I got out.
I used a torque wrench on all of them set at 35lb, soaked in krill oil. The whole deal every body's suggests in the forums. Well 1st one came out perfect. 5 broke and I got out with the special tool I rented from AutoZone. (Pain in the ass with the glue.). But 2 the threaded sleeve separated from the porcelain. I confirmed this by looking at how far the sleeve it is when I thread it out until it just keeps spinning. I actually got one out with a magnet. So basically I have a fully intact and functional plug stuck it the block.
I've seen the tool that just grips the top of the plug and porcelain and pulls it out. But is there any other way to get it out? Without the tool?
Anybody ever had this same thing?
I ended up just tightening the sleeve back down on both plugs, and I still drive it. Been like that for a few hundred miles. But I know I need to do something.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back