Methanol injection with my setup

Speed+Clinic

forum member
Reaction score
Even with all that the 2 real gauges i read everytime is the wideband+oil pressure. Other than that I check the rest every once in a while

Kraftsman

forum member
Reaction score
Reviving this thread! Is it true that meth injection on a Roush tvs has to be plumbed to spray AFTER the supercharger or it could possibly pool in the supercharger and blow up?

Voltwings

Reaction score
I've done a lot of methanol injection work, but always turbos and never a supercharger, so my advice may be useless.

If you spill methanol that stuff evaporates almost as soon as it hits the ground ... unless you're spraying an astronomical amount of methanol, i have a hard time seeing a situation where there will be enough to 1. Pool, and 2. "explode," especially seeing as how methanol is not combustive. It's flammable for sure, but it should never "blow up."

Now, as far as the injection causing damage to the rotors, that's another conversation entirely. We sprayed pre-turbo methanol + water with success, but there are several cases where the combination of high speed and large droplet size has caused pitting and damage to a turbine wheel.

I would want to spray pre-supercharger to potentially cool the supercharger itself, but i imagine that could probably cause more problems than it is worth, and just spraying after the intercooler may be best.

Last edited:

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
Reviving this thread! Is it true that meth injection on a Roush tvs has to be plumbed to spray AFTER the supercharger or it could possibly pool in the supercharger and blow up?

Typ on a Roush blower setup, the sprayerS are located in the blower elbow. So before the blower. Carmen on the roush forum did this, using a pair of 225 ml sprayers, side by side, on the outside of the elbow. That setup used a 50-50 water / methanol mix..... that came from the windshield washer reservoir. He had his small M90 with a 2.57" pulley and aprx 480 rwhp. The distilled water / meth allowed for more timing. The dual sprayer setup was more optimum, vs a single, larger sprayer. You get a better spray pattern. Trying to spray after the blower is a lot more complicated, tedious setup. No issues with the water /meth through the rotors.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back