2007 V6 Mustang. Any suggestions?

07_Mustang_V6

Reaction score
Yeah I've heard Steeda is great but I'm still in need of an explanation/advice on what to get. Like all the axleback/h pipe/x pipe terms are still kind of confusing to me. Plus whether to get a single or dual pros/cons for a V6. Or is it just for looks?

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
Yeah I've heard Steeda is great but I'm still in need of an explanation/advice on what to get. Like all the axleback/h pipe/x pipe terms are still kind of confusing to me. Plus whether to get a single or dual pros/cons for a V6. Or is it just for looks?

Duals look better but don't sound much different than having a single on a v6. I've heard bassani race mufflers, my steedas, and flowmasters, all duals on v6 cars. Bassani is obnoxiously loud as fuck, flowmasters are raspy as fuck and my car sounds like a damn 350Z past 4K RPM. lol. I only got the steedas because I had the money at the time. you should look for some borla/frpp stingers. Any straight through design will almost always sound better than a flowmaster (drum) design on a v6. Oh, and you should be able to take it to any muffler shop and they can cut your y pipe and make a h-pipe for you. it cost me like $75 for the extra piping. and the x pipe is two pipes connected that look like an x. H pipe... well, you get where I'm going. google each one under images and it'll come up. I'd find some for you but my internet is being stupid slow right now..

johnQ

forum member
Reaction score
Here is a progression of a V6 Mustang we did to give you some ideas:

Stock
IMG_0344.jpg

with lowering springs/adj. shocks/struts (Tokico), CC plates, panhard bar, GT Rims/Tires, GT brake upgrade, plus our graphics package.
IMG_0559.jpg

Front spoiler/18" tires/wheels
IMG_0552a.jpg

In addition, a CAI w/Tune, short-throw shifter, gears would be good.

My experience is that replacing the V6 muffler with a GT version is the best bang-for-the-buck performance wise. After that, it's more personal taste for looks and sound. For reference, I've tried the MAC muffler and although it has a very nice low sound at idle, it will rattle the dash once hits about 3k RPM.

07_Mustang_V6

Reaction score
Alright it's fine I can do that. Thanks for the explanation. I think I might actually roll with the borla stinger I listened to a sound clip of it and it's like exactly what I'm looking for. A lot of people have the H-pipe and resonators with it.

That's a beautiful transformation. It went from boring old convertible to kick ass summer ride. Job well done I must say. I want to get a short-throw shifter but then again there's a lot of things that I want to get but most likely won't.

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
Alright it's fine I can do that. Thanks for the explanation. I think I might actually roll with the borla stinger I listened to a sound clip of it and it's like exactly what I'm looking for. A lot of people have the H-pipe and resonators with it.

That's a beautiful transformation. It went from boring old convertible to kick ass summer ride. Job well done I must say. I want to get a short-throw shifter but then again there's a lot of things that I want to get but most likely won't.

That NQS transformation is really bad ass!!!! Do that!!! And buckman whom, along with a few others here paved the way for v6s, started out with a white v6 wimilar to yours. you should look into his build. That thing was a beast!

07_Mustang_V6

Reaction score
Does he have it posted anywhere?

BTW what's that streetcar site? I just clicked on it and the shirts are pretty sick.

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
Does he have it posted anywhere?

BTW what's that streetcar site? I just clicked on it and the shirts are pretty sick.

I'll look for it and post it up. My wireless is going fast again. lol. i should find some stuff here if not, I know it'll be on another site for sure.

And streetcar 1320 is a vendor here. I have about every shirt on the site and yeah man, they are really bad ass! If you have any questions look up Dave@streetcar1320 on here, or PM me if you have any questions on them! :thumb:

07_Mustang_V6

Reaction score
I was just wondering what it was since he's only got 1 picture in the Body shop page I wasn't sure. And if you could find some of those pics or just the info that would be awesome I'm sure that would help me out quite a bit.

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
Here's a thread with a few pics of it. he's got a website too, but you should PM him and ask. it goes along with all the stages of his build, and another bad ass v6 guy (now both drive v8s) has the same but I can't seem to find those sites.

pics of his car.

http://s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1535

And that's a video of his car running with a turbo. Those numbers aren't typical, but just an idea how far you can go with a v6. and his car looks damn good too. :thumb2:

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
I was just wondering what it was since he's only got 1 picture in the Body shop page I wasn't sure. And if you could find some of those pics or just the info that would be awesome I'm sure that would help me out quite a bit.

he actually just started the site a few months ago and taking his time on making the shirts and making sure there's no copyright infringement in anyway. But was there anything you were interested in? I could let him know if you'd like.

Dwisforme05

CF photography
Reaction score
Personally i love the sound of my car. Doug @ bamachips even said it was one of the best sounding sixers he has heard. not too loud, and NO rasp. at all. even when in boost.

my set up right now is Stock Manifolds- Stock cats- pypes xpipe- flowmaster 40s

07_Mustang_V6

Reaction score
he actually just started the site a few months ago and taking his time on making the shirts and making sure there's no copyright infringement in anyway. But was there anything you were interested in? I could let him know if you'd like.

Nothing specific so far I'll let you know. Buckman has the car I want. Seriously. His car and mine are exactly the same. well his reality and my vision of my car anyways. Not even close performance wise but I meant visually. Beautiful car.

Dwisforme do you have a sound clip?

NjsGT

Back in the game....
Reaction score
wowow this is going to be a ricer car with all the chrome crap.. anyway welcome.
^ way to be a fuckin jerkoff...... comin from someone thats got a repo under his belt and bought a salvaged gt :thumb2:..... sry cuban you deserved that..... anyway, welcome aboard bud, start the moddin'

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back