PowerHouse 4.0 to GT500 5.4 Turbo project

Buckman

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Getting closer, still have the reservoir to finish up and relocate the battery, tie up some misc. loose ends then might actually get her fired up.

IM0014751.jpg

IM0014781.jpg

Last edited:

Rygen

I can break any motor!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Wow, masterful work there. I bet your are stoked man. Even the rings on the TB are polished. I'm sure it will scream down the track as well. Mike outdid himself on the work for sure.

Buckman

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ok, finally hitting the stretch run here. Reservoir is fabbed up, AFCO heat exchanger in, and putting the finishing touches on now. Hopefully mid next week will have some dyno vids, then start getting some seat time after I figure out what route to go for traction. I am dying to race and think I have went through all my old videos plus Don's and everyone else's that I could find lately just to get my fix.

april320086.jpg

april320082.jpg

april320083.jpg

SC boss

watch this!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What a great build! I had no idea that it even existed until you turned me onto it! I look forward to seeing more updates.

Shawn

Buckman

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
After almost 10 months, I finally took delivery of the car again last night. Mike set the car up at about 14psi and it is making a little over 600rwhp right now on 93 pump gas with a very conservative tune.
I am excited to see the bump in power by adding ice in for runs as well, but one thing at a time for now.
Still have some issues to resolve and mods to do yet such as the roll cage and axle brace/girdle.
Probably another half a day of tuning to dial in the trans and shifting which will more than likely be done at the track.
I am pretty happy with the responsiveness of the 70mm turbo, spools up very fast and blows the tires off with ease.
Mike seems to think it has low 10's in it with ice and low-mid 10's running the normal setup, so we shall see as the year goes on and I get some seat time. I would like to set it up to run mid 10's and next year start running the FFW Street Bandit 10.6 index class as well as True Street.
I tried taking a dyno vid last night of it, but with the garage doors shut, the sound bouncing around the shop overpowered the microphone on the camera and it came out sounding like a ufo on the top end. Will try to get a clip together soon and hoping to start racing in the next few weeks after the cage is in.

Buckman

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Almost there now Lance!! I can't wait to see some track vids!

Amen brother. I know it will take probably most of the season to get dialed in as I have to learn off idle, footbrake and transbrake, but it'll get there. I'm just happy to have it back.
I have a newfound respect for all those who go through various builds on their cars as there are so many emotional highs and lows associated with it throughout the whole long process.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back