Cylinder head retrofit

steveespo

forum member
Reaction score
Does anyone know for sure if the '15+ cylinder heads will work on an Aluminator short block and match up to the '11-'14 intake manifolds and headers? Looking to build up an engine around these heads, cheaper than Boss heads and basically the same it seems.
Steve

Steve@Tasca

Official Vendor
Reaction score
I don't think anyone has tried yet, someone will have to go first.

-Steve

steveespo

forum member
Reaction score
I don't think anyone has tried yet, someone will have to go first.

-Steve
Steve
Do the service replacement heads come loaded with valves and springs? If I go first will you cut me a good deal?

Steve@Tasca

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Steve
Do the service replacement heads come loaded with valves and springs? If I go first will you cut me a good deal?

You know I always do my best for you guys. :thumb:

To be honest I don't know if they're loaded or not because it's not mentioned in the catalog but I'm guessing not based on the catalog illustration and cost. You'd be in the $1500.00 range for a set of these.

Everything with a yellow square next to it is included, that being said Ford doesn't sell a lot of bare heads so it's hard to be positive but it does appear they are bare heads.

-Steve

steveespo

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks Steve
I looked at the exploded diagram too and saw the valves and springs weren't yellow blocked. So $1500 vs $2600 for a set of Boss heads could be a good value if it works. One more question, do the cylinder head gaskets interchange/supercede between '11-'14 and the '15+? That would confirm to me that the coolant and oil transfer passages will work. I'm gonna call Ford Racing tech line to A) See if they think it works, or B) see if they are doing a '15 based Aluminator.
Steve

Steve@Tasca

Official Vendor
Reaction score
'15 head gaskets have new numbers. Doesn't mean they won't work but something is different.

-Steve

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
I saw a guy posting on the Bullet that wiped out the cam journals in his ported BOSS headed drag motor. Couldn't get replacements for some reason. He went with 15' castings and had them ported. They worked but IDK if he had to do anything crazy.

Steve@Tasca

Official Vendor
Reaction score
I saw a guy posting on the Bullet that wiped out the cam journals in his ported BOSS headed drag motor. Couldn't get replacements for some reason. He went with 15' castings and had them ported. They worked but IDK if he had to do anything crazy.

Boss heads are on restricted sale from Ford, we actually have to fax the order in to get them now. Not sure of all the details they want but I'm sure a Boss VIN is required at minimum although that's easy enough to get.

FRPP still has them on their site but as far as I know they're never getting any more.

-Steve

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
Nothing crazy needed for this. I have a 2011 block and ported 2015 heads. All I did was grab some ARP head studs for the 2011 block, 2011-14 Cometic .040 head gaskets, FRPP followers & Lash adjusters and I was all set. Everything lined up without issue.

20044873563_738b9aac34_b.jpg

quiksilver15

forum member
Reaction score
Does anyone know for sure if the '15+ cylinder heads will work on an Aluminator short block and match up to the '11-'14 intake manifolds and headers? Looking to build up an engine around these heads, cheaper than Boss heads and basically the same it seems.
Steve

So are the 15 heads better?

Thanks.

Come on dude it was in the original post, yes they are basically Boss 302 heads.

Steve@Tasca

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Nothing crazy needed for this. I have a 2011 block and ported 2015 heads. All I did was grab some ARP head studs for the 2011 block, 2011-14 Cometic .040 head gaskets, FRPP followers & Lash adjusters and I was all set. Everything lined up without issue.

20044873563_738b9aac34_b.jpg

Used the '12 cams and phasers?

-Steve

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Loosely related question.... are the heads on the 2015-up F150 revised to be the same casting as the 2015 Mustang? Or is Ford producing two different head castings now? Just curious.

Steve@Tasca

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Loosely related question.... are the heads on the 2015-up F150 revised to be the same casting as the 2015 Mustang? Or is Ford producing two different head castings now? Just curious.

They are different part numbers, no clue what the difference is though.

-Steve

fast Ed

forum member
Reaction score
The 15 F-150 heads are new numbers, but still have the 2011 Mustang valve part numbers ... so my guess is that they aren't upgraded like the 15 Mustang heads.

cheers
Ed

5lho

forum member
Reaction score
Here's a weird ass sitch: My super-late-build 14 has '15 cylinder heads on it...at least '15 cylinder head castings. I don't know what it is loaded with but, the casting are clearly '15+.

sportinawoody

!@#$%^&*(
Reaction score
the way it was explaind to us when we had prodyno build the 5.0 for dallas' car, the older castings had 11-12mm lift and the boss cams had 13mm lift, and the 15 heads had the same lift as the boss heads. theres your extra power between that and the cnc finishing

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back