Finally installed 6spd Pics inside!!!!

trill gear head

forum member
Reaction score
I finally installed my TR6060 into my 2006 v6 last weekend. :clap: Finished up a couple things today and all is golden.

2249960dbb5ce46.jpg

2249960dbb9f08e.jpg

2249960dbb159fc.jpg

2249960de78df73.jpg

^Thats me trying to do some electrical work.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That is very cool!! Congrats on getting it finished.

How did you get your car on it's side like that to work on the electrical?

kleistang

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
looks good, i bet that 6th gear would take u to 100 rpm at 1400 rpm. thats should be a sweet mpg.

u need to do some cleaning. whats all that grease around

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That is one cool mod. How much power are you pushing with our engine?

trill gear head

forum member
Reaction score
That is one cool mod. How much power are you pushing with our engine?

A whopping 210fhp(stock rating), completely stock v6:LMAO: for now at least.
I'm saving to put a v8 in. I already have 1/2 the drive train for it. I guess all I need is the engine, wiring harness, ecu and supporting exhaust. Ahh dreams, Its always nice to have dreams right? Anyways I digress.

If anybody with a 4.0L v6 wants to do this swap pm me and I can help you into contact with the fabricator.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm saving to put a v8 in. I already have 1/2 the drive train for it. I guess all I need is the engine, wiring harness, ecu and supporting exhaust. Ahh dreams, Its always nice to have dreams right? Anyways I digress.

If anybody with a 4.0L v6 wants to do this swap pm me and I can help you into contact with the fabricator.

Ever consider keeping the 4.0 and putting a turbo on it?

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
I think I would build the hell out of that v6 and turbo it before I did a conversion to v8. There are v6's down in the 10's that are turbo.:thumb:

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
A 10 sec 4.0l v6 doesn't live very long at that power level.
All depends on the quality of parts and the quality of the tuner. I've seen a few 9 second 4 cyl mustangs with high boost on them at us 131 dragway run all season with no issues and that's full out racing, not DD's. Anything is possible to do.....all it takes is money....haha

28hopup

drawing a blank
Reaction score

So you have an 06, V6, with a 6spd tranny? You devil! My advice - go FI

firestang70

SW Ohio Ninja
Reaction score
He did have a turbo and a couple of previous 4.0 engines. My advice is go with a quality system like the PH and have a reputable tuner tune it. Jump on that group buy Trill, it will be worth it.

trill gear head

forum member
Reaction score
Ever consider keeping the 4.0 and putting a turbo on it?

like firestang said, been there done that. I've learned my lesson when it comes to an FI 4.0L. I don't have any reputable shops around my area also. The reason why my engines failed was half my fault and half the original installers fault. It was never installed correctly.

I've learned my lesson after 2 blown engines. I'm in school and can't afford to keep throwing 1,200 in the trash. So I need to stay away from FI while in school, but at the same time I want my 300hp back:angry1:. This is why I'm saving up to throw a v8 in so I don't have to worry about a blown engine.

@firestang

Their was nothing wrong with Jenna's kit, it was strait forward on the install instructions. Its the fucking shop DTP that were too stubborn and didn't want to call Jenna for help because she's a women.:angry1:(I like this smile lol)

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back