Finally installed 6spd Pics inside!!!!

28hopup

drawing a blank
Reaction score
I forgot about your past FI experience. Another choice may be to keep this as your reliable DD and find another toy to play with. That how the SSP Fox ended up in my driveway.

trill gear head

forum member
Reaction score
I forgot about your past FI experience. Another choice may be to keep this as your reliable DD and find another toy to play with. That how the SSP Fox ended up in my driveway.

I have thought about saving up for a lightning. hmmmm I would love to get one one day. But it seems to me that it would be cheaper to just stick a v8 in my car and from other peoples experiences that should not be too hard.

I must say hopup that I'm in love with your fox. It must be a blast to drive.

Stolen 98

forum member
Reaction score
I think there is only 2 or 3 people that have ever done it.. Very impressive adapter plate created by a collective member Gaylon, the guy's knowledge is amazing on cars.

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
TR6060 is definitely going in my car....some day.:thumb:

trill gear head

forum member
Reaction score
what six gear ratio & final drive do you have, and how does the V6 handle cruising in 6th?

6th gear ratio is .63. Keep in mind I still have the stock 3.31 gearing. I managed a constant 28mpg driving on I-95 @ 75mph. At 75mph I was at 1900rpm:hi: in 6th gear.

I still need to get 4.10 gears so that the gear ratios will be closer to stock. It bogs in 1st gear like a bitch.

48prerunner

forum member
Reaction score
maybe more money than dropping in a 8.8 with 4.10 or swaping gears in the 7.5 but has anybody checked into if you could run a gear vendors underdrive? would give ya 12 speeds could split shift like a 2 speed in a truck that way keep the high overdrive and still get the take off in 1st

06vistabluegt

forum member
Reaction score
I just put the TR6060 in my GT. I love it. So far it shifts great although I've only had it for about 250 miles. I got the whole kit from D&D performance but there are people who have bought the trans on Ebay pretty cheap then pieced together the rest.

48prerunner

forum member
Reaction score
Hey if you do switch up to a v8 you going 4.6 or 5.4? You could sell your adapter plate and have that money to put towards the 8 swap :)

trill gear head

forum member
Reaction score
maybe more money than dropping in a 8.8 with 4.10 or swaping gears in the 7.5 but has anybody checked into if you could run a gear vendors underdrive? would give ya 12 speeds could split shift like a 2 speed in a truck that way keep the high overdrive and still get the take off in 1st

from what I've read about it, its not worth it. Also, I do plan on selling it whenever I swap to a v8. I'll probably swap over to a v8 after I blow this engine:evillaugh:

me32

forum member
Reaction score
why not get a 5.4 4V from a NAVi, an drop it in, or even a 5.4 2V or 3V, that would be nice.

up_yours_7

forum member
Reaction score
I'm going to do a new trans where did you get that one and how much was it? Where can I get a gt five speed??

trill gear head

forum member
Reaction score
I'm going to do a new trans where did you get that one and how much was it? Where can I get a gt five speed??

Just troll around mustang forums and call your local junk yards to find a GT trans. I got my 6spd for $1,100 because of the 2nd gear problem.

chad05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just troll around mustang forums and call your local junk yards to find a GT trans. I got my 6spd for $1,100 because of the 2nd gear problem.

yea, include price of rebuild (unless diy ), and synchro assays are 400$ EACH...

so, 1100 used, labor + 500... 2500ish.. may as well get brand new.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back