2006 gt front end issues

MTstang

Reaction score
Just bought a a 2006 gt with 115,xxx miles. Front end has a clunk going over bumps so I replaced struts and strut mounts with gt500 ones. Also did sway bar bushings and alignment. Sounds the same as before parts were done. Tire shop can't find source of clunk and thinks could be a bad strut mount, which I am questioning. Definitely from front end and possibly left side. Anything else to look at?

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Lower control arms and sway bar endlinks.

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
Probably worn front control arm bushings, though worn bushings in front swaybar end links also possible. Might was well fix both.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
Just bought a a 2006 gt with 115,xxx miles. Front end has a clunk going over bumps so I replaced struts and strut mounts with gt500 ones. Also did sway bar bushings and alignment. Sounds the same as before parts were done. Tire shop can't find source of clunk and thinks could be a bad strut mount, which I am questioning. Definitely from front end and possibly left side. Anything else to look at?

Probably the Rear Hydro Bushings in the Lower Control Arms. Change the Arms out

ha1234

Reaction score
You replaced the struts and strut mounts, but did you replace the rubber isolater on the front coil springs? When I did my struts I didn't have the isolater on the spring properly and it made for a noisy ride over bumps until I fixed it.

MTstang

Reaction score
I think they tried to reuse rubber isolaters on coils, I ordered gt500 lower control arms and sway bar end links. Hopefully they will cure it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back