PowerHouse 4.0 to GT500 5.4 Turbo project

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'll let Mark correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe he is in the 575-625rwhp range.

I am in the 700 range. The set-up is more important than the power. You certainly don't need 900+ HP to get in the single digits. This forum IS great and a a lot of 'firsts' from members here.

Look for my 1000 HP 3V TS in February...:thud:

Geos05GTvert

forum member
Reaction score
I remember mike talking about this a while back it's great to see this project kicked off. I was thinking along similar lines with a 5.4L3v out of a newer expedition or f150. They cant be to expensive. Change out the crank, rods, pistons and throw on the turbo. It sounds like a likely alternative to those that cant get test car 5.4L motors.

I was wondering is he building the turbo from scratch or are you using some of the piping and other components from your original kit?

That's going to be one hell of a ride. Sounds like 1000RWHP+ in the making.

Rygen

I can break any motor!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I remember mike talking about this a while back it's great to see this project kicked off. I was thinking along similar lines with a 5.4L3v out of a newer expedition or f150. They cant be to expensive. Change out the crank, rods, pistons and throw on the turbo. It sounds like a likely alternative to those that cant get test car 5.4L motors.

I was wondering is he building the turbo from scratch or are you using some of the piping and other components from your original kit?

That's going to be one hell of a ride. Sounds like 1000RWHP+ in the making.

Indeed, Mike@PH has two projects going on right now with the 5.4, this one with Lances (Buckmans) car, and mine which is a 5.4 3V setup. Though I won't be forged until later this season or fall. Though I was shocked how affordable the 5.4 3V was.

I'm not sure how hes building the turbo, though we do know he is designing a intake for both the 5.4 4v and 3v for these.

Rygen

I can break any motor!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Are you sure the GT500 5.4 will fit in the 2006 frame? I thought that Ford redesigned the 2007 strut towers specificly for the 5.4 4V to fit in the S197.

Just a thought, Good Luck Buckman I can't wait to see her run in 08.

PH/CHE is coming up with new motor mounts for the 5.4's to fit properly.

Buckman

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hopefully sometime late next week will have some tangible updates on this with some pics.
I know CHE has come up with motor mounts and Mike has the intake model done, just has to fab it up.
As far as the turbo kit, none of the old parts of mine have been re-used as I sold the complete kit off.
I am shooting for March sometime and will probably drive straight to a track from the shop as have been going through withdrawals.

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
Can't wait to see the end result!

...and will probably drive straight to a track from the shop as have been going through withdrawals.
I feel your pain. I haven't been on a track in 4 months (since Oct 19). And I probably won't for at least 2 or 3 more.:boohoo:

firestang70

SW Ohio Ninja
Reaction score
I will see both of those of those 5.4 cars next week. Just not sure I wll be able to sneak either one out with a tow rig back to my house! LOL

Buckman

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Made it back from PH today (and no Firestang wasn't able to sneak off with any cars!)
The Lentech trans and engine are in place, now Mike has to fab up the turbo kit and the intake.
I was the test car for the CHE radiator support bracket, so I think one of those shots shows a decent pic of it, its a nice piece.
I wound up going with a Precision 3200 stall, the trans brake still has to be put in.
I am hoping (like many S197 owners) that the Greg Weld's that are due out are all we are hoping for. My plan is to run 325's in the back and probably 3.5" up front. Still up in the air on it and want to see some feedback from people once they start running it.

ph2.jpg

ph13.jpg

ph14.jpg

Buckman

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Got some updates. Turbo is fabbed and intake was just completed. Just a few loose ends to tie up then the whole things gets polished. Resevoir tank is getting fabbed shortly and will be situated at the stock battery location.

misc_340r1.jpg

misc_338r1.jpg

newturbo1.jpg

misc_335r1.jpg

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
Good to see progress Lance. Any guesstimate as to when you will be able to put it on the track?

Buckman

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Good to see progress Lance. Any guesstimate as to when you will be able to put it on the track?

I am hoping to see it on a dyno next week sometime, gonna try to get some vids of it.
Considering it doesn't seem to want to stop snowing here, it could be second week of April before I see the track.
I still need to purchase:
axle brace/girdle
Rear drag wheels/rubber - probably run 325/50/15 MT's
Roll Cage w/ swingouts, although this probably won't happen until May as I am not sponsored and this project is kicking my *ss!
I still have a Steeda 2 1/2" Race Cowl that needs painted as well, but it is such a low priority item that it keeps getting pushed down the list.

I am intending on running True Street at FFW this year, and I think I will enter the Street Bandit 10.6 index class as well, so will try to set a tune for that index throughout the spring.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back