My Baby Snake v6 56k no way

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
yeah just would like the all the v6- v8 back and forth to seize by some of the characters here.. Its all good...

i appercaite everyones comments on the car and thoughts on modding a stang period..

ken04 hit it pretty good tho.. hopefully thats the end of the talk and and more suggestions on parts would be good..

Also have you seen that same red color as yours over on TMS that has the TF Venom II hood ( KR style)

Put an IRS in there and give me your 8.8! J/K. lol. yeah, sorry for somewhat influencing that arguement in your thread, nonetheless what you've transformed it into is really bad ass. And fast as hell. Time for a set of forged wheels... :thumb2:

Fake_Snake

FAUX GT500
Reaction score
DSC_0835.jpg

DSC_0853.jpg

DSC_0855.jpg

DSC_0849.jpg

2NY

icedesign
Reaction score
Quick question and btw the car looks fuckin awesome! BUT with having a matte black stripe..how do you manage to wax the hood and stuff without hitting the stripe? If anyone knows, is there a trick to it? I want to get a matte black superstripe myself but I go to car shows constantly and the car is waxed a lot and seems like it might ruin the stripe if it got on it.

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sarge, you did a GREAT FUCKING JOB, I have watched your mods over the past year(s) and have been impressed. I 100% agree with the "my money, my car" attitude, that is EXACTLY the way I feel about mine. You have taken something that runs okay ( I drove a 6 before I bought my GT and was pretty surprised at the way it ran) and looks as good as ANy GT (even better with the the big stripes). And turned it into a NICE FUCKING RIDE!!!, that will slip up and spank the shit out of a moderately modded GT.

WAY TO GO BUBBA!!! and the car does look badass!

alexthejew

Jewish and lovin it.
Reaction score
you're missing the whole point of hot rodding. You have a GT500 front end on your car, why ? It looks good right ? And it makes your car different, it makes it yours. Take a V6 and make it as fast, or faster, or NOT as fast as a GT, who gives a crap ? It's the ACT of hot rodding that makes the hobby fun and a lifelong passion.

Alot of guys go buy a GT, or a GT500, so what ? They're running stock shit, just like every other non hot rodder. Why not buy a 4 cylinder Malibu ?

Making it yours, with your own 2 hands is what it's all about. Spending time in my garage with my cars is awesome. No kids, no wife, no chores. Me, my cars, my toolbox, a cold brew, grease under my finger nails, gas in my busted knuckles. So when I roll that car out with whatever I've done, I own a little bigger peice of it. Not what some moron screwed on in Detroit. And when people look over at my car in the next lane and see that it's different, I know it's me that did it.

best post ever! REP POINTS!

BTW, car looks great. tubochargers FTW!

Fake_Snake

FAUX GT500
Reaction score
thanks terry.. i do the same with others builds and enjoy there toy's progression as well .. some come and some go but heck its what makes modding fun

MikeVistaBlue06

Inventor: Asshole Points
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
you're missing the whole point of hot rodding. You have a GT500 front end on your car, why ? It looks good right ? And it makes your car different, it makes it yours. Take a V6 and make it as fast, or faster, or NOT as fast as a GT, who gives a crap ? It's the ACT of hot rodding that makes the hobby fun and a lifelong passion.

Alot of guys go buy a GT, or a GT500, so what ? They're running stock shit, just like every other non hot rodder. Why not buy a 4 cylinder Malibu ?

Making it yours, with your own 2 hands is what it's all about. Spending time in my garage with my cars is awesome. No kids, no wife, no chores. Me, my cars, my toolbox, a cold brew, grease under my finger nails, gas in my busted knuckles. So when I roll that car out with whatever I've done, I own a little bigger peice of it. Not what some moron screwed on in Detroit. And when people look over at my car in the next lane and see that it's different, I know it's me that did it.

You are absolutely right, and when the dust settles, and dick size comparisons begin (V6 vs V8, etc.), the buck really stops here:

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10988

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5218

Mikey

Rygen

I can break any motor!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with modding a 6. Agree on the concept of hotroding. Also to add...a mustang is a mustang.

@Joey,

You built a sweet looking and fast ride. Enjoy it man.

Rygen

I can break any motor!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
No I'm not saying that to everyone that has a V6. If someone has a V6 and is happy with it thats awesome. They're part of the Mustang family. But when they buy a V6 and waste time putting a V8 in it it just doesnt make sense to me. Sell the shit and buy a GT. If I wasted time putting a 5.4 in my car and a 6spd then I'd hope someone would say something too (unless of course I fell into the motor for free then that'd be awesome). If I wanted a GT500 I'd save up and get one.

Someone adds a turbo or something to their V6 cool, make the V6 faster. But do all the work to add a stock V8? Thats nonsense.

Right...

..Motor Swaps - a complete waste of time, energy and money. Damn I wish I knew that 5 years ago.

By the way, do you have an ET for your car? Impressive dyno number in your sig.

alexthejew

Jewish and lovin it.
Reaction score
Right...

..Motor Swaps - a complete waste of time, energy and money. Damn I wish I knew that 5 years ago.

By the way, do you have an ET for your car? Impressive dyno number in your sig.

I understand where he is coming from. from the dealership (with floor-planning and incentives) it is much cheaper to get a gt new than to buy a v6 and swap. however, perhaps that wasn't the direction you wanted to go with your car. perhaps you picked up a used one cheap. there are plenty of reasons to mod a v6, and they are equally as cool when done right. there is no sense in making a statement that you know will upset another hot rodder just because you disagree with them. the key to hot rodding is to personalize the car. naturally there will be different ideas to perfection.

like i said before, your car is outstanding. it looks great, and its faster than a lot of GTs. Mine is probably one of them. go out there and tear up many camero ss for me!

alexthejew

Jewish and lovin it.
Reaction score
btw yours was referring to armycook1981, rygen knows his is faster than mine (touchin 10s and shit... props!)

06Torch

forum member
Reaction score
Joey, what about Agent 47 mirrors?

I think they would look ideal on your car.

I will have to respectfully disagree. Compare the Agent 47 to the 2010 mirrors and you'll see it no other way than the 2010. The Agent 47s are nice but they're way too small on the large S197 body. They look "dinky", IMO.

Nice Mutha Effing car bro! That's a grand slam home run, damn! Respect!!!

Gerardo

Rygen

I can break any motor!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
btw yours was referring to armycook1981, rygen knows his is faster than mine (touchin 10s and shit... props!)

Thanks. I don't run the 4.0 V6 anymore, and haven't hit 10's yet with the 5.4, but I will once I dial it in.

steelix

Reaction score
this may be a bit late but i bought a v6 because i wanted a nice looking car without the need to compensate for anything :p

v6 rules!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back