2007 V6 Mustang. Any suggestions?

07_Mustang_V6

Reaction score
Hey I'm fairly new to world of cars seeing as I lucked out and got a V6 5spd Mustang for my first car. Just turned 16 about 2 months ago. The car only had 16k miles on it and only had minor fender painting done. So far the car is stock except Shelby Aluminum Pedals, a Shelby Cobra trunk lock, chrome mirrors (came with the car), Black Halo Project Headlights (which have yet to be put in), 12in. stripes (also have to wait until it doesn't get cold in Florida...to put these on), and GTS Smoked Headlight Covers.

I came here looking for some more suggestions covering minor engine modifications (air filter maybe?), exhaust system, and so on. So if you guys would give me some suggestions on what you have done to your car that you are satisfied with or have ideas that would be amazing.

I hope I posted this in the right section. Thanks!

Patrick

Lee's05GT

Formally Qksixx
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
First off, Welcome to the site, you will learn alot from everyone here. my first car was an 06 v6 mustang, i had pretty much every bolt on done to it and had a supercharger for it but sold it and got a gt. I would suggest to get a air intake and tune for it first, you will see a very big change in it, As far as exhaust goes, i had the magnaflow dual exhaust, and had the gt rear bumper on there it sounded awsome. Ill try to find some videos of it and post them if you are interested.

07_Mustang_V6

Reaction score
Thanks! I'm also currently on standardshift.com and one of the guys that owns a mustang on there said that http://www.americanmuscle.com/cnl-sct-0509v6-kit.html is a good deal for the intake/tuner. I was looking at the magnaflow or the flowmaster exhausts. Will the GT bumper fit on my V6? I actually have the same question about the GT grille's. Everyone says they will fit with just a little bit of shaving corners and then there's one or two that say it looks like crap.

Lee's05GT

Formally Qksixx
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
the gt rear bumper, side skits, will fit, but the thing is that you get the front bumper you have to use the gt grill because the v6 grill is to short. That is a good package for the intake and tuner, i would go over to mustang collective forum site, there are alot of v6 guys over there and you could probably find a used tuner and intake for alot cheaper.

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
Thanks! I'm also currently on standardshift.com and one of the guys that owns a mustang on there said that http://www.americanmuscle.com/cnl-sct-0509v6-kit.html is a good deal for the intake/tuner. I was looking at the magnaflow or the flowmaster exhausts. Will the GT bumper fit on my V6? I actually have the same question about the GT grille's. Everyone says they will fit with just a little bit of shaving corners and then there's one or two that say it looks like crap.

buy a tuner from someone else. AM sells them with a canned tune which is made to fit a gazillion cars. Order from Brenspeed or Blow by racing. Some companies will update your tune for free every time you buy a part from them for your car, I think Brenspeed does this.

The flowmasters on the V6 don't sound good especially if you go to a true dual with an X-pipe, it gets very raspy. For $300 you can buy a Pypes conversion that comes with GT take off mufflers. They may be too quiet for you, but they come with the system so it doesn't cost you anything to find out if you like them. Pypes also has a template to cut your V6 rear bumper/valance for the drivers side exhaust pipe.

The GT grill has different mounting tabs and is a different size than the V6 grill. It won't look good. A V6 grill is the same price as a GT grill, buy the V6 piece. If you're going to add fog lights you'll have to get a wiring harness.

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
Start with a JLT intake and SCT X3 tuner from Brenspeed/BBR/JDM/Powerhouse/VMP.. any of those. Can you post pics of those Shelby pedals? I've been on the edge about them for like two years. I know they look like any others, but just for reference. lol.

07_Mustang_V6

Reaction score
wowow this is going to be a ricer car with all the chrome crap.. anyway welcome.

I only have 1 piece of chrome and that's the mirrors. The black mirrors don't look good with the white at all.

To address the exhaust, I'll remember what you said but I have to wait for the guy to get back from Germany to put them on anyways. I'll get back to you on that.

I'll see about side skits and different bumpers not sure yet.

I'm gonna post pics of the interior and the overall car soon I'll include a close-up of the pedals.

The tuner and intake I'm just going to wait until the guy gets here once again. He raced professionally for Porsche and won the European Championship for racing motorcycles by Yamaha. He'll probably be able to help me out.

Thanks for all the info and suggestions! Keep em coming though I always want to take more things into consideration.

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
I only have 1 piece of chrome and that's the mirrors. The black mirrors don't look good with the white at all.

just ignore the haters dude. Someone always has to leave a nasty comment about something. No matter what you do someone will hate it. So make your car an extension of you and what you like. A Mustang will never be a ricer, just blow that stuff off.

bronxbomba63

forum member
Reaction score
buy a tuner from someone else. AM sells them with a canned tune which is made to fit a gazillion cars. Order from Brenspeed or Blow by racing. Some companies will update your tune for free every time you buy a part from them for your car, I think Brenspeed does this.

The flowmasters on the V6 don't sound good especially if you go to a true dual with an X-pipe, it gets very raspy. For $300 you can buy a Pypes conversion that comes with GT take off mufflers. They may be too quiet for you, but they come with the system so it doesn't cost you anything to find out if you like them. Pypes also has a template to cut your V6 rear bumper/valance for the drivers side exhaust pipe.

The GT grill has different mounting tabs and is a different size than the V6 grill. It won't look good. A V6 grill is the same price as a GT grill, buy the V6 piece. If you're going to add fog lights you'll have to get a wiring harness.
Or he could get a CAI w/tune from Bamachips....Doug there is really good with V6's. Also, I have to disagree with the flowmasters not sounding good. I have the super 40's (dual) with an X pipe, and they have a very deep note to them. When they're first on, the drone is unbearable, but it lessens with time. But to the OP, welcome, and get some good ideas from here, and come up with what you think is best for you. Also, like mentioned earlier, the Collective has some good V6 guys on there who know their stuff.

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
Or he could get a CAI w/tune from Bamachips....Doug there is really good with V6's. Also, I have to disagree with the flowmasters not sounding good. I have the super 40's (dual) with an X pipe, and they have a very deep note to them. When they're first on, the drone is unbearable, but it lessens with time. But to the OP, welcome, and get some good ideas from here, and come up with what you think is best for you. Also, like mentioned earlier, the Collective has some good V6 guys on there who know their stuff.

that's cool you're happy w/your Flowmasters, everyone likes something different. The OP was looking for opinions, he should look into the FMs, alot of people have them, and like them.

GONE_N_60

The Bad Guy
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! You will learn tons from everyone here. Like everyone said, an intake and a tune will work wonders. I have heard some mean sixers with decent exhaust setups.

As for the mirrors, if you don't like the F150 style black mirrors, check out the Midwest Auto Gear mirror covers. I have them and they really add to the style and looks of the car.

Shades

Reaction score
Check out mustangcollective.com as well, since your a V6 you might find some answers to questions you might not find here over there

Welcome to the board :beer:

07_Mustang_V6

Reaction score
I'm on mustangcollective.com right now. I'll be taking pictures of my car tomoro. Just had a flat coming back from my soccer game yesterday. Somebody on their team slashed my tire.

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
I'm on mustangcollective.com right now. I'll be taking pictures of my car tomoro. Just had a flat coming back from my soccer game yesterday. Somebody on their team slashed my tire.

Wow, that's messed up. Next time you see any of them you should piss on them. Not on their car, on them. That's really immature. One thing I recommend which I was able to do about two years ago is go to discount tire and see if you can get certificates for each of your tires. It cost me like just over $100 the first time but that's because I had a flat, ruined the tire then bought certificates for the other three tires and the new one they sold me and the one that needed to be replaced. It's saved me a lot of money because I've had to replace all 4 for stupid reasons but it ended up costing a lot less.

07_Mustang_V6

Reaction score

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
That's a great idea. Never really thought of it. I still have 1/2 tread left on the tires. Once that wears off I'm thinking about getting 18" tires with some nice rims. So far I thought of getting the following mods (in order):
1. CAI+Tuner http://www.americanmuscle.com/cnl-sct-0509v6-kit.html
2. Exhaust (still debating on what)
3. Rims/Tires For the rims I was thinking http://www.americanmuscle.com/black-gt500-18x9-9410.html.

Looks like a good list. and those wheels look really bad ass! oh, and don't forget to get either a 7.5" T-Lok or an 8.8 rear end that way you're not doing the one wheel peel. :thumb2: Oh, and I have Steeda exhaust. It was like $450 about two years ago, but it doesn't sound raspy at all.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back