other v6 guys out here.

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
Jesus fucking christ. Somebody just delete this thread. It's seen enough useless trolls.

Well I can see where joe just wants the same rules to apply on this tech section as the 4.6 section. Continuing the banter isn't going to help and like I said I want you to have your suspension dialed in so I can see why it would be able to stay here. The title of the thread however makes this out to be a roll call thread rather than a tech one so if the title is changed that would be cool and if not, I personally don't give a shit. So just to clarify: Jose isn't a troll, just trying to uphold board standards, danbev (amongst others) is, in my eyes, one of the pioneers of the v6 to v8 swap and you have one sweet ass v6 that deserves to have a 1 pc driveshaft and 15" drag wheels to get some bad ass times at the track!

Am I close?

Reaction score
As I understand what you are saying, it still doesn't make it less annoying to have people pop up with worthless things to say. Of all 10 threads in this section, to have somebody come in here and try to get it moved, was worthless. To imply that owning a V6 is the opposite of smart, worthless. Obviously there is no place on this forum for a guy who has (in the past month) spent over $3000 in parts in the classifieds section.

I think after I slap the 3500 stall in, my driveshaft will essentially become 10 pieces, so getting the one piece may be a good idea.

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
As I understand what you are saying, it still doesn't make it less annoying to have people pop up with worthless things to say. Of all 10 threads in this section, to have somebody come in here and try to get it moved, was worthless. To imply that owning a V6 is the opposite of smart, worthless. Obviously there is no place on this forum for a guy who has (in the past month) spent over $3000 in parts in the classifieds section.

I think after I slap the 3500 stall in, my driveshaft will essentially become 10 pieces, so getting the one piece may be a good idea.

Wonderful, and I can completely understand your point and I'm sure joe can respect it as well, so let's just drop that part of this thread (cause I'm sure at some point or another you'll find that in other sub forums of this site you and joe probably have more common ground than you might think :beer:) so let's get back to helping you out, buddy. So what have you bought aside from the stall?? And is it a PI or TCI or something else? And because I know one of my best friends on this board has run. 11.4x on 20" Nt05R's (given: it's a 3V, however still on stock heads and stock bottom end those are impressive times for running 20" wheels), I'm wondering what tires you're running on the 20s and if that's your street andYor track set up?

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
Wonderful, and I can completely understand your point and I'm sure joe can respect it as well, so let's just drop that part of this thread (cause I'm sure at some point or another you'll find that in other sub forums of this site you and joe probably have more common ground than you might think :beer:) so let's get back to helping you out, buddy. So what have you bought aside from the stall?? And is it a PI or TCI or something else? And because I know one of my best friends on this board has run. 11.4x on 20" Nt05R's (given: it's a 3V, however still on stock heads and stock bottom end those are impressive times for running 20" wheels), I'm wondering what tires you're running on the 20s and if that's your street andYor track set up?

And let the record show that despite me moving apts and my sprint wireless card fucking up again, i'm taking the time to reply through my phone cause I want you guys to be cool to each other and for another v6 member to run off and stick to the collective and ditch this forum would not be in my best interest, so stick around man. It'll be worth it. :thumb2:

Reaction score
I'll get it out there once and for all:
12lbs
4" thick cxracing intercooler
Water meth(nozzle tuned for posi units)
Nitrous intercooler sprayer
battery relocation
steeda sports
supernatural 3500 stall
convertible
nt555's, 285x20
adj.lcas(qa1)
adj.panhard(qa1)
no spare
i think that's everything.

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
I'll get it out there once and for all:
12lbs
4" thick cxracing intercooler
Water meth(nozzle tuned for posi units)
Nitrous intercooler sprayer
battery relocation
steeda sports
supernatural 3500 stall
convertible
nt555's, 285x20
adj.lcas(qa1)
adj.panhard(qa1)
no spare
i think that's everything.

Which intercooler sprayer do you have? I've seen nx kits run as IC sprayers before and not make a lick of difference. I'd like to believe that yours would help with iat's or possibly get you an extra 10th in the 1320. Do you use it out of the hole and with a window switch?

Reaction score
I don't have it set up to a switch yet, it is the oval shape, and I will probably run co2 through it since it's way cheaper. I want some sort of temp switch, or something like a wot switch but I'm always on it so it would be empty in a jiffy.

Tre06GTP1SC

South Texas Death Ride
Reaction score
I have a procharger. I researched the intercooler spray bars awhile back and everything I read about them says you dont pick up much. You'd be better off with meth injection at the TB. And just so you know:

UCA are to change pinion angle
LCA are to change the instant center (google "instant center" for some good articles)
Panhard bars re center the rear end under the car

dafridgea

forum member
Reaction score
Hi I have a V6

From http://www.mustangdrift.com/
BC Racing Suspension/coilovers - BR Type
MPD - Lower Control Arms
Wheel Stud Kit - ARP Fastener Kit
Adjustable Anti-roll bar Kit (Front and Rear) from Hellwig

Got these from Americanmuscle.com:
BBK 70mm Throttle Body (2005+ V6)
C&L Mustang Cold Air Intake and SCT SF3 Tuner Combo (05-09 V6)
SCT Dash Scan Data Monitor
NGK G-Power Platinum Performance Spark Plugs
Taylor Mustang Street Thunder Spark Plug Wires (05-09 V6)
SPEC Billet Aluminum Flywheel
SPEC Stage 2 Clutch

This from http://www.v6mustangstuff.com/
Yukon Rear end master kit
7.5" Motive 4.10 Gears
7.5" Ford Racing LSD

Wheels:
18" Deep Dish Wheels

and these on all my wheels
235/40/18 Nexen N3000's

Mustangmagic.com - These guys are my main garage
Steeda Panhard Bar
MagnaFlow Dual Exhausts

Do you V6 guys use bigger injecters if so any links?

Fake_Snake

FAUX GT500
Reaction score
I used to own a 4.0.

Then I got smart :)
yet your still dumb for making that statement ..........:thumb2:

I know your talking about angles and suspension stuff.. if i had some good input i would add it. .

arent you a member on the collective.. is your name comet ?....

think ive seen your sixxer there

rlfitz

Reaction score
Another V6 here. Well at least until it falls victim to the boost. then the 5.4 swap will begin. There is definately not much love for V6 mustangs on this site. some knobs like to stroke their own ego by bashing fellow mustang owners. perhaps overcompensating for personal shortcomings.. who knows. thats why I prefer the collective.

boss 245

Reaction score
V6 here. One that runs 11's and kills deer. I don't get here much, but this is my car-

2005 Sonic Blue V6 Automatic
Charcoal interior.
Vortech chargecooled, 2.87 pulley. AFCO GT500 Heat exchanger, Zabtech throttle body, MAC LT's, off road pipes, prochamber, JBA Mufflers. Powerhouse411 aluminum driveshaft, 2500 RPM Stall convertor, J&M LCA's, cambercaster plates, BMR tubular K-member and a-arms, BMR LCA relocation brackets, Steeda radiator support/sway bar bracket, QA1 rear shocks, Vogtland springs, driveshaft loop, 7.5 rear with t-loc, 3:73 gears, stock front wheels, MT ET Drag rears on bullets=12.62. PLus 75 shot = 11.75.

Consider me in your back pocket, if they give you hassle, I will meet them at the track.

Next up is the 2.62 pulley, crank up the BOV, re-install the 7.5 rear that has the Auburn diff, 4:10's, T/A girdle, 3" studs and BMR UCA, then hit the track.

modifiedtopview.jpg

pinkstimeslip.jpg

Reaction score
Are you sure you won't run much faster on a higher stall? How's the nitrous working for ya?
I have been on the collective a good while. Almost bought your turbo there cook.

Fake_Snake

FAUX GT500
Reaction score
did you? i LOL.... i was getting PM's emails several times daily about it when i droppeed its to below 3k... it was kinda getting hard to track who i was PM back.. LOL

sinabite

forum member
Reaction score
V6 here. One that runs 11's and kills deer. I don't get here much, but this is my car-

2005 Sonic Blue V6 Automatic
Charcoal interior.
Vortech chargecooled, 2.87 pulley. AFCO GT500 Heat exchanger, Zabtech throttle body, MAC LT's, off road pipes, prochamber, JBA Mufflers. Powerhouse411 aluminum driveshaft, 2500 RPM Stall convertor, J&M LCA's, cambercaster plates, BMR tubular K-member and a-arms, BMR LCA relocation brackets, Steeda radiator support/sway bar bracket, QA1 rear shocks, Vogtland springs, driveshaft loop, 7.5 rear with t-loc, 3:73 gears, stock front wheels, MT ET Drag rears on bullets=12.62. PLus 75 shot = 11.75.

Consider me in your back pocket, if they give you hassle, I will meet them at the track.

Next up is the 2.62 pulley, crank up the BOV, re-install the 7.5 rear that has the Auburn diff, 4:10's, T/A girdle, 3" studs and BMR UCA, then hit the track.

modifiedtopview.jpg

pinkstimeslip.jpg

wow. this deployment was spent making the car look fast. next deployment i going to be spent making my car do things like this. lol

i'm thinking of ripping everything out, and turning it into a 500kr. nice spending money i will not even see for 2 years, lol. my wife is thrilled

Fake_Snake

FAUX GT500
Reaction score
wow. this deployment was spent making the car look fast. next deployment i going to be spent making my car do things like this. lol

i'm thinking of ripping everything out, and turning it into a 500kr. nice spending money i will not even see for 2 years, lol. my wife is thrilled

first deploy i spent 12k on a built motor which blew almost 2 months with 17 psi boost and 75 shot....

second a replacement motor wiht ehads and cams and my exterior was was put to 90% the way i want see sig..

third.. well lets just say this shoulda been the first deployments build gt500 motor with 4r70w tranny..

JUST SKIP THE little stuff and go big.. that was my mistake back in 07

Kuro!

Banned
Reaction score
I had a V6...

I'm sorry, but I just can't justify building a V6 over a V8. 8s are just cooler, sound better, and in the end make more power... Sorry guys...

sinabite

forum member
Reaction score
it's all in the love of building a car. it would be more convienant to buy as is, but there is no fun in it.

in the long run with building your ride, you get to learn ALOT and save alot more.

i think i echo what most v6 guys say, when i state that i bought my car for the simple pleasure of owning a car that i've grown up in love with, and was satisfied with what i had in hand with no intentions of modding............but you know how that goes. It all started when i replaced that fishing rod on the front of the car

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back