New Toys :)

Kuro!

Banned
Reaction score
Lol you seem to spend more time talking yourself out of it than actually focusing on getting it done. You can easily do this on your own; not only will you save money, but you can impress women with your mad mechanic skillz.

Plus it just feels better knowing your car was built by you.

4LiterSonic

Banned
Reaction score
Lol you seem to spend more time talking yourself out of it than actually focusing on getting it done. You can easily do this on your own; not only will you save money, but you can impress women with your mad mechanic skillz.

Plus it just feels better knowing your car was built by you.
Trust me dude, I want to do it myself. I don't want to pay someone for it. Where to do it is the only thing.

I could figure it out, I just need to find a place to do it. Which is why I asked. I just want to know how to get under the damned car.

Last edited:

Kuro!

Banned
Reaction score
You can make your own ramps with boards. You cut them and stair step them so you can Safely roll up on them.

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
You can make your own ramps with boards. You cut them and stair step them so you can Safely roll up on them.

Lmfao! You're dead set on having him work on his car! Haha!

a good investment would be a set of ramps, preferrably the truck ramps because if you ever change wheels and tires, it'll hold up and fit the wide tire completely. IIRC, they were like $30 and advanced auto.

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Ramps and two Jack stands or four Jack stands. They are cheap. I installed my long tubes this way.

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
I know, but I can't get under the car. I'm replacing the entire Y pipe with a complete H. Believe me, if I could figure out how to get under, I would.

I did my wife's car in the garage, 1 floor jack and 4 jackstands. A sawzall to cut the old pipes off did the trick. The new pipes slip over the 2 1/4" V6 pipes. The rest is just tightening the clamps and hookin it up.

redstangs9308gt

forum member
Reaction score
My first time turning a wrench was exhaust mods. Now I am doing engine swaps. You have to learn to crawl before you walk.......Go for it youngin...

4LiterSonic

Banned
Reaction score
I'm installing them today, with the help of a a friend. I don't think I'll be able to take a before audio clip, but I don't really need to. We know what the stock exhaust sounds like.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
I'm installing them today, with the help of a a friend. I don't think I'll be able to take a before audio clip, but I don't really need to. We know what the stock exhaust sounds like.

Get+er+done.jpg

:clap:

popeye

forum member
Reaction score
You shouldn't need to do an audio clip. If we open our windows, we will be able to hear it. that sucker is gonna be loud.

4LiterSonic

Banned
Reaction score
You shouldn't need to do an audio clip. If we open our windows, we will be able to hear it. that sucker is gonna be loud.
I'm hoping the resonators will deaden the sound. If it's too loud, I've got a set of 08 GT500 mufflers for now, until I get some Bullitts or something along the lines of that.

I had to leave the car at the shop, because it took longer than we expected, but I'm going back today to finish it after school. Hopefully, it'll be done this afternoon.

4LiterSonic

Banned
Reaction score
Well? Let's hear it!!! How does it sound?

Yea no joke I'm wanting to hear these.
Haven't put it on yet :/

I got under the car, and we realized we didn't have the rubber hangars for the driver's side.

:thud:

So we ordered the hangars from Ford (he got a discount) and we don't know when they'll be in because they were on backorder. The day they come in, I'm going after school to put it on.

Trust me, I wanna hear it as bad as you guys do.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back