HEY!!!!

MrClean

Marc; but I go by MrClean
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You should get him to join! If I were going to build a straight road course car I would deffently consider a bult V6 with a high boost trubo or S/C as I think that would make an extreamly well ballanced car.
But isn't the V6 an iron block that essentially weighs as much or more than our beloved 4.6?

BTW, I had a rental/loaner v6 also while my driveshaft was changed out under warranty....and I learned that the cloth interior is quite nice, and that other than a horrible exhaust note and NVH coming from the engine under accel, it's not a bad car and comes pretty well equiped. I also learned that the Shaker 500 is a must, as is the UIP.

fazm

Reaction score
the v6 weighs about 150-200lbs less than the gt, because of the engine is just slightly lighter, transmission (for manual) is lighter, and then no rear sway bar, and about 7 lbs a wheel/tire

MrClean

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
the v6 weighs about 150-200lbs less than the gt, because of the engine is just slightly lighter, transmission (for manual) is lighter, and then no rear sway bar, and about 7 lbs a wheel/tire
Thanks for the education...and congrats on the nice numbers!

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I just though I would revive the 4.0 section!! I think the V-6 mustang is an excellent car! To put a V-8 engine into!

MrClean

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I just though I would revive the 4.0 section!! I think the V-6 mustang is an excellent car! To put a V-8 engine into!
:funnypost:

Seriously, the V-6 depreciates so much faster than the GT that we can litarally pick one up cheap and turn it into a race car...crate motor, suspension, rear axle..roll cage...done!

Rygen

I can break any motor!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Buckman is running flat 11's and is good for 10's with a 126mph trap speed. He just needs more seat time to get his 10's. His car is insane, 14lbs I think and 75 shot, his 60s are out of this world for the auto.

You already met Fazm, another PH turbo owner...he should be in the 11's soon once he finishes his intercooler project.

MrClean

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Buckman is running flat 11's and is good for 10's with a 126mph trap speed. He just needs more seat time to get his 10's. His car is insane, 14lbs I think and 75 shot, his 60s are out of this world for the auto.

You already met Fazm, another PH turbo owner...he should be in the 11's soon once he finishes his intercooler project.
Outstanding, and congrats on your numbers too!!

fazm

Reaction score
intercooler project will be done for the next non rainy friday :)

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back