Turbo install (finally) started

ESP v6

forum member
Reaction score
After nearly a year of piecing together parts for my turbo project I finally have everything I need to start putting it all on the car.

Today I got the car up in the air and got the old exhaust cut off. I have certainly learned my lesson about welded exhausts and won't be making that mistake again. It was a total pain in the ass to get the pipes cut off, it didn't help that I didn't have a sawsall.

I have gotten all but one bolt loosened on the oil pan, I need to rig up a little tool to get the last one off so I don't round off the head.

I have run into fitment issues with my cdc gauge pod and my mechanical gauges which means I will need to cut holes in the top of the dash.

DSCN1181.jpg

DSCN1184.jpg

DSCN1183.jpg

Turbo piping is all wrapped up and ready to go in as soon as I have my drain tapped.
DSCN1186.jpg

I found something that I thought was interesting about the old flows when I got the exhaust off
DSCN1187.jpg

ESP v6

forum member
Reaction score
Here are a few pictures from tonight's adventures.

Oil pan is off, I will be going tomorrow to find a tap for my oil drain line.
DSCN1190.jpg

I have really been enjoying have an Earl's fittings store right up the road from my new place. Got my fitting installed for my oil feed/pressure lines.
DSCN1188.jpg

I am running my own intercooler piping set up which requires me to do something about my ecu for clearance. So, I rotated it 90*. I have the modified bracket mocked up for now. It was getting late and figured my roommates/neighbors would not be too happy with me cutting and grinding so it will have to wait for tomorrow to finish.
DSCN1191.jpg

DSCN1194.jpg

why this gauge pod is a bad idea with mechanical boost/oil pressure gauges...
DSCN1196.jpg

Getting the lines and electric run through the defrost vent wasn't the problem (although a bit of a pain in the ass). Given the angle of the gauges toward the dash the fittings for the lines were holding the pod up off of the dash, so I had to make some room.

And because I can't leave well enough alone I have decided to yank the center console out, and leave it out. This left a couple of random spots without carpeting, luckily I happen to have an extra set of floor mats laying around so the old ones are being repurposed. I still have a bit of trimming to do to get them to fit properly, then I need to find some heavy duty thread to stitch it all together.
DSCN1195.jpg

Fake_Snake

FAUX GT500
Reaction score
I say he we be around 12.8 until he gets use to launching then he wil be down around 12.2 if he run over 15 psi i say 11.9 calling it early lol

ESP v6

forum member
Reaction score
Half powerhouse half home grown, precision pt61, stock motor. I conveniently live 2 miles from the nationals track in Indy so I will be spending plenty of time there. I will be running 9lbs of boost until I get around to valve springs, after which I'll go to 12. I have no intention of building this motor so until I am ready to blow it up I won't go above 12. The goal for now is to wait awhile before blowing the stock trans.

ESP v6

forum member
Reaction score
I have the powerhouse hot side and the turbo they use for the v6 kits.

NjsGT

Back in the game....
Reaction score
Nice build man. Cant wait to see what she makes..... Hmmm I didnt know the sixers were that hardy when it comes to boost....

GB10

8s coming soon?
Reaction score
Looks nice. One thing though, you don't need teflon on flare fittings, lol. The flare is what seals the connection. Good luck with the build.

ESP v6

forum member
Reaction score
^I like redundant systems for added insurance.

New updates, after taking most of the day off yesterday I got back to it today. I am still waiting for a drill bit for my oil drain so I am at a bit of a stand still until Tuesday. I have a fuel pump, oil filter relocation kit, and rear brake pads on the way.

For today I got my fuel injectors installed. Lining up the fuel rail bolts with the spacers under there was a bitch and a half, but with some persistence I got it done.
DSCN1197.jpg

I figured as long as I was there and didn't have much else to do I would go a head and to a mild wire tuck.
DSCN1199.jpg

I am also relocating the coil pack to the firewall.
DSCN1201.jpg

DSCN1202.jpg

There is only one connector that I need to lengthen, and I have a couple of connectors that I can remove since I no longer have a/c.

ESP v6

forum member
Reaction score
Yesterday I finished up the tuck and got my ecu relocation finished and reinstalled. My drill bit for my drain should be here today, and as soon as I have that I can get my drain in then the hotside will be going in, hopefully tonight. I am also relocating my coolant and power steering reservoirs.

Venom1

Reaction score
damn that is one crazy thing you got going on. I cant beleave you cut up your interior like that!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back