twin turbo?..

Fake_Snake

FAUX GT500
Reaction score
OK OK ... let me jump in here as a v6 owner since noone else is LOL..

First off there are no TWIN TURBO kits out for the 4.0 v6. You have to custom one -off it.

the powerhouse single turbo kit is pretty impressive with quick boost.

Your money is better spent with a single for what ever your planning on spending i think its peak boost by 3200 rpms if i recall.

NOW
@ mustangfreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by mean71cuda
yea... MUST(NAG) FREAK i shoulda bought a V8 huh?..

Yeah you should have, so you wouldn't have to get a turbo just to get mid 300 at the wheels. LMAO

If your the same "mustangfreak" as on militarystangs.. ohwell just checking but your comment about needing get a v8 to get in the 300's is retarded.... THE V8's spend money to get in to the 300's as a matter of fact im probly sure it takes a few thousand to get v8's pumping mid 300 lets try tune/intake/exhaust/deletes/pullies/headers, probly head and cam package to get you to the upper 3's and tack on someother mod to boost your ego as a v8 owner. i have never heard of one dyno to the wheels stock 300rwhp.. I guess that was a lame attempt at banging him cause hes a noob with a v6. And I know many v6's who slap a turbo on and still come out far lesser of the two evil's ...Im not sticking up for this guy as he asked for by his replies and calling DON W names is just uncalled for LOL!!!

Last edited:

95PGTech

SN95s > all
Reaction score
I think the point he was trying to make was that x amount of dollars invested into the 4.6 equals more gain than x amount of dollars invested into the 4.0...

28hopup

drawing a blank
Reaction score
Joey, you're not the only V6 S197 around here. I posted in this thread too. In fact, I'm proud to be the only S197 here in the timeslip database who is running 14's. :p

To the OP, if you wanna drift your S197, then go for it if that's what you enjoy doing. These cars are fairly inexpensive, and with a relatively large aftermarket it is easy to hop them up for whatever your goals are (drag, auto-x, drift, show, etc). As a sixer, you're gonna catch crap regardless, so you'd better suit up your flame suit. I give you credit for wanting to run sanctioned events rather than street racing. Just go out, be safe, and have fun.

Fake_Snake

FAUX GT500
Reaction score
I think the point he was trying to make was that x amount of dollars invested into the 4.6 equals more gain than x amount of dollars invested into the 4.0...

that just depends on how you look at things.

cost of v6<V8
5200 turbo < 6k turbo
dyno queen # v6< V8
track v6/v8 can swing either way just there more of the market for your run of the t/s i hardly see tc gt's tho a few here in there but more or so with the roush and the brand you stand by what we push for your level is boarder line and when you go higher that borderline. so on so on.. endless debate.

and No matter how much you justify his comment it was not ment like that as you say. Please break down if you still think your correct:2cents:

"Yeah you should have, so you wouldn't have to get a turbo just to get mid 300 at the wheels. LMAO"

Last edited:

Fake_Snake

FAUX GT500
Reaction score
Joey, you're not the only V6 S197 around here. I posted in this thread too. In fact, I'm proud to be the only S197 here in the timeslip database who is running 14's. :p

To the OP, if you wanna drift your S197, then go for it if that's what you enjoy doing. These cars are fairly inexpensive, and with a relatively large aftermarket it is easy to hop them up for whatever your goals are (drag, auto-x, drift, show, etc). As a sixer, you're gonna catch crap regardless, so you'd better suit up your flame suit. I give you credit for wanting to run sanctioned events rather than street racing. Just go out, be safe, and have fun.

Bill,

I know i saw you post but i was leaning towards F.I 6r's/previous experinence ,figured a couple other's woulda already replied probly missed the thread.

I agree if the dude wants to drift let him do his thing his car his money. He went wrong by retaliating back in regards to 1/4 racing, He shoulda just stay'd course with his op. But as a sixer we shouldnt have to dawn our "flame suit" as were still a stang. Its the average joe who just bought his s197 that still think having an auto means you cant go fast.. LOL.. check out the TSDB under tranny colume.But even that doesnt compare Im not even gonna worry about that as we have more then just the 4-5 of us on s197 that post up over at the collect that are 11-high 12's but. Anyways. ITS ALL IN THE EYES OF THE BEHOLDER.. 6/8.. drift 1/4 mile.. stick/auto theres always gonna be someone trying to dog the other. nature of the beast i guess

silverpoison

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
im Just Trying To Find Out About A Twin Turbo Setup For An 07 V6... If U Guys Dont Wanna Help... Leave!!! I Didnt Join To Have An Arguing Contest...

I don't know of a company with a TT, but the powerhouse single Turbo will make u happy.

You can also look into the X charger blower....

Welcome to the board, and don't listen my fellow board members, they are just giving you a warm welcome......gmao:bigbeer:

95PGTech

SN95s > all
Reaction score
that just depends on how you look at things.

cost of v6>V8
5200 turbo > 6k turbo
dyno queen # v6< V8
track v6/v8 can swing either way just there more of the market for your run of the t/s i hardly see tc gt's tho a few here in there but more or so with the roush and the brand you stand by what we push for your level is boarder line and when you go higher that borderline. so on so on.. endless debate.

and No matter how much you justify his comment it was not ment like that as you say. Please break down if you still think your correct:2cents:

"Yeah you should have, so you wouldn't have to get a turbo just to get mid 300 at the wheels. LMAO"

I don't get what you're saying - a v6 costs more than a v8 and 5200 is more than 6000? I have seen a lot of those pesky turbo mgt's, I've only seen two turbo v6

mod per mod dollar per dollar the v8 is going to make more power and be faster on the track.

Fake_Snake

FAUX GT500
Reaction score
I don't get what you're saying - a v6 costs more than a v8 and 5200 is more than 6000? I have seen a lot of those pesky turbo mgt's, I've only seen two turbo v6

mod per mod dollar per dollar the v8 is going to make more power and be faster on the track.

yeah i never proof read what i type cause its not important for me to make sure im on my A game for internet blogging but i fixxed it for you anways.. IM saying cost wise it more for the v8 then the v6 dudes 20 not many 20 years can afford 29-32k car plus 6-8k for f.i and then some.. and as far as youve only seen two. that is cause you only stay here or mod fords. go to mustangcollective and peak at our F.I Reg we have i would say it runs pretty deep. ... but im not gonna continue to beat a dead horse here with you. so just :bigbeer: and move on i have.. :beer::2cents:

Last edited:

mean71cuda

Banned
Reaction score
alright... let me settle things once and for all...

i didnt say i dont like the old school 1/4 mile... its ooooook (to me)...

i didnt know there was such a small weight difference between the 6 and the 8...

when i baught my car i had no credit established yet (i was only 19 and yes the cars under my name only)... i wanted the 8 but unless i put down 5 g's i was getting stuck with the 6...

i didnt come here to argue... i came here to learn... yea im new to fixin cars and what about it?..

im gettin ragged on for tryin to get the mustang noticed for being good at something other than the 1/4?.. wtf?..

like i said in the beginning im gonna do what i want to and thats DRIFTING... u stay on the trackill stay on the streets... and one day im gonna make the first ever all wheel drive rally mustang(creative huh?)...

quick reply by- ricky

07-V6-mustang
8.8 locker rear end
soon to be twin/single turbo? undecided...

AND WHAT ABOUT IT?..

Last edited:

95PGTech

SN95s > all
Reaction score
im gettin ragged on for tryin to get the mustang noticed for being good at something other than the 1/4?.. wtf?..

You're getting "ragged on" because you are making ill-advised, uneducated, poorly-thought out, JDM movie fanboi statements with no informational backing whatsoever on a forum that has members who are extremely knowledgeable and who like to kill and eat noobs.

Or you could get your panties out of a bunch and realize we're all just busting your balls - what you want to do with your own vehicle is fine. Hell, if you want to build a giant dildo into your drivers seat to help hold you in while you're experiencing 10g's drifting down a mountain in Tokyo, it's your car, whatever.

Lazy Racer

forum member
Reaction score
You're getting "ragged on" because you are making ill-advised, uneducated, poorly-thought out, JDM movie fanboi statements with no informational backing whatsoever on a forum that has members who are extremely knowledgeable and who like to kill and eat noobs.

Or you could get your panties out of a bunch and realize we're all just busting your balls - what you want to do with your own vehicle is fine. Hell, if you want to build a giant dildo into your drivers seat to help hold you in while you're experiencing 10g's drifting down a mountain in Tokyo, it's your car, whatever.
:roflmao::popcorneat:

Mustangfreak

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If your the same "mustangfreak" as on militarystangs.. ohwell just checking but your comment about needing get a v8 to get in the 300's is retarded.... THE V8's spend money to get in to the 300's as a matter of fact im probly sure it takes a few thousand to get v8's pumping mid 300 lets try tune/intake/exhaust/deletes/pullies/headers, probly head and cam package to get you to the upper 3's and tack on someother mod to boost your ego as a v8 owner. i have never heard of one dyno to the wheels stock 300rwhp.. I guess that was a lame attempt at banging him cause hes a noob with a v6. And I know many v6's who slap a turbo on and still come out far lesser of the two evil's ...Im not sticking up for this guy as he asked for by his replies and calling DON W names is just uncalled for LOL!!!

Yes, same person on MilitaryStangs.

I onlt said that because it's generallty easier to get the 4.6 to mid 300's. It doesnt require boost, thats for sure.

And FWIW, I don't hate V6 Mustangs, I was just giving the kid some shit.

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score

:clap: Chris had a big bowl of Wheaties this morning. LOL

mean71cuda

Banned
Reaction score
so wait let me get this straight u guys wur only messing around with me!!!

fuuuuck that... i hate everybody for the next ten minutes...

k well...

i need mid 300's hp/tq.... give me advise or go fuck my sister...

Dex

I'm Dexolishous
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
whoa, so now you want us to fuck your sister? You arent coming up with the best comebacks buddy. Get a turbo, it will put you at 300rwhp safely

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back