weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
hippos0mod.jpg

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Back in the early 80's in high school my straight six 74 maverick would spin em.......as long as you floored it in the dirt! Lol

cwhit23

forum member
Reaction score
Back in the early 80's in high school my straight six 74 maverick would spin em.......as long as you floored it in the dirt! Lol

One of my buddies in high school had a Comet, we could power brake that thing and leave black marks all the way across the parking lot. lol fun times.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Do what the ricers do, only spin the tires in the rain.
60% of the time it works every time.

JimC

Reaction score
1. put it in Neutral...

2. mash accelerator to the floor.

3. put into drive..

4. watch tire/engine/trans smoke come out

Might get better results reverse dropping it.

To the original poster - don't take these posts as serious by the way. If you do, you will also be picking up pieces of your drive train off the street, but you will leave a big mark on the pavement while doing this.

topbliss

Reaction score
To the original poster - don't take these posts as serious by the way. If you do, you will also be picking up pieces of your drive train off the street, but you will leave a big mark on the pavement while doing this.

Jim- I think he knows we are kidding him :)

matt06

forum member
Reaction score
Jim- I think he knows we are kidding him :)

youd also think he wouldnt have started this thread lol. op goodluck with your car theres alot of good tech here explaining what you can actually do to make the car faster.

cwhit23

forum member
Reaction score
Do what the ricers do, only spin the tires in the rain.
60% of the time it works every time.

Or have all your buddies sit on the hood and lift on the back of the car like the ricers to to transfer the weight since the car is so weak it can't do it otherwise.. lol!

riceburnout.jpg

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
/\ good way for someone to get hurt :thud:

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
It's all fun and games until somebody gets run the hell over!

OP, this is a great S197 forum with a lot of guys with good info on here. Don't let this thread scare you off. You may want to try reading what's out there. You will probably find what you're looking for or someone with a similar set up.

Heck, early on, I started a thread in tech that shouldn't have been there, and luckily, it got moved before I got flamed too bad. Lesson learned. I read a lot more than I post in tech now.

cwhit23

forum member
Reaction score
/\ good way for someone to get hurt :thud:

Yep, I've often wondered why those idiots do that knowing if they guy in front falls down or something happens someone's gonna get run over.

amustangrocks

forum member
Reaction score
shute, my 05 V6 auto w/just bolt ons and 100,000+miles will roast the tires out of the hole and i`m running 275/50-17`s on the back. but i always barely got a little bite in 2nd even with the 3.73 gears in it, till i got my trans rebuilt couple months ago. now i get a mean bite in 2nd and 3rd which has made it even more fun. i did have them bump the stall speed a couple hundred too.your car came with a 3.31 gear, which isnt all that bad. your car is pretty new too so you shouldnt have a trans issue so not sure what to think, but at the track i come off the line and half way down side by side with the little 281 v8`s

you just need more parts,lol. you might want to try some decent control arms, maybe the suspension is too sloppy. the upr chrome molys are pretty sweet :)

Last edited:
Back