ABS disable?

C.Love

forum member
Reaction score
When I am sliding my pig (11 GT) around it feeling like the ABS is constantly engaging. Generally it seems to do it more on long slides and larger corners. Its not a huge deal just sounds funny and it doesn't SEEM to hinder me from drifting, but maybe it does. Questions is if i wanted to how do I fix it? Is it a simple unplug of a sensor? or it is more entailed?

At first I thought traction control was freakin out but it was off --Step on the brakes turn it all the way off off.

When i drive I use alot of foot brake inputs so perhaps its best to keep it on. Maybe its not even ABS

the first 10 seconds of this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlducU3FavA

spurred me to ask the question. Was it for show or was he unplugging something ha ha ha.

braupe

Resident Diabetic...
Reaction score
He was probably unplugging the abs wheel sensor. Unplug any one of them and all of the abs/stability controls should shut off. But then you have a light on the dash.

BAKnBLK2010

Harley Davidson FLHTCI
Reaction score
He was probably unplugging the abs wheel sensor. Unplug any one of them and all of the abs/stability controls should shut off. But then you have a light on the dash.

I had to do this when my car was on the dyno. Without doing it even with turning traction control and stability control all the way off the car wouldn't roll the rear wheels on the rollers.

C.Love

forum member
Reaction score
I had to do this when my car was on the dyno. Without doing it even with turning traction control and stability control all the way off the car wouldn't roll the rear wheels on the rollers.

You unplug it light comes on do your thing and then plug back in. No issues left behind?

PLee

forum member
Reaction score
Correct- not a big deal at all. Worst case- pull the neg batt terminal to reset any codes, but disconnecting the wheel sensor is what i/we do when we go to the track.

fivehunsky

forum member
Reaction score
I never had do to anything beyond hitting the traction control buton in my 3v to slide. An the abs system actually worked great for left foot braking and such. Must be different in the 5.0 cars?

C.Love

forum member
Reaction score
Its a weird issue. Its not that I cant leave it alone but more of a curiosity of what is it and whys it doin it.

Offtopic but how was that 3v to slide? Powerwise decent?

Napoleon85

forum member
Reaction score

I think the '12+ autos are supposed to do that. It's part of the feature that is supposed to save you in the event that you're too stupid to figure out how to stop the car in case of unattended acceleration. If it thinks you're trying to power over brake, it will cut the throttle - the rear wheels moving and the front wheels not would likely trigger this condition.

C.Love

forum member
Reaction score
after driving it a bit more I havent gotten it to do it again.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back