RTR suspension

CammedS197

forum member
Reaction score
What are your inputs on the new RTR suspension? Just came across it and seems very nice. Car is a daily and I track maybe once a year if I can get our there but I like to have some fun on back roads and while I'm driving around town to take corners aggressively. If went this route I'll get struts, shocks, springs, and sway bars. Should work good together since they are built together to work with each other.

Thanks.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming it's re-branded parts. The control arms and sway bars look to be Whiteline.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

csamsh

forum member
Reaction score
which parts in particular?

Looks like a lower-quality whiteline ripoff

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The struts and shocks are more expensive than the Koni Yellows. Id pass.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
That rear clevis design is weak. I can tell you that.

Well, it may not be "too" weak - but it is the weakest way to make it.

I think we have all seen what happens when you skimp out on the design of that rear mounting bracket. ;)

csamsh

forum member
Reaction score
Of all their parts, the rear UCA looks the sketchiest IMO.

It's not as bad as some other "early" designs from a couple companies but it's close.

Speedboosted

Found missing cylinders
Reaction score
That rear clevis design is weak. I can tell you that.

Well, it may not be "too" weak - but it is the weakest way to make it.

I think we have all seen what happens when you skimp out on the design of that rear mounting bracket. ;)

Of all their parts, the rear UCA looks the sketchiest IMO.

It's not as bad as some other "early" designs from a couple companies but it's close.

Lol, good to know.

Tri-bar

Reaction score
I'm using the upper control arm. What I can tell you is, It's way more massive that the photo on AM makes it look. It has two Lock nuts not one like the photo they show. The clevis if your wondering is very stout, thick and braced with little flex when bolted in. I see no way that the wield could ever give up. makes no noise and controls the rear well, I swapped from a BMR poly arm to this one. Much improved.

The C-max bushing is very nice, works as well as a bearing. You really can't go wrong with this Arm.

Other arms I have use. BMR, Kenny Brown, Stock and the Hotchkis. The bearing in the Hotchkis is just to loud, it's not Teflon lined and makes the car sound like it's coming apart. Stock, enough said. Kenny Brown wasn't to bad, not a lot of noise but just didn't trust it. Not a Heavy duty design. Was just afraid it would break. Like the Whiteline did before the updated arm came out. The BME Poly arm just didn't move as free as I would have hoped. It squeaked real bad so out it came.

Homeijer

Reaction score
Anyone using the RTR front sway bar and links? Or are they a waste of time and in which case any recommendations, I need to replace my links and I would like to go adjustable.
I have a stock 2010 gt if it makes a difference.

Tri-bar

Reaction score
Anyone using the RTR front sway bar and links? Or are they a waste of time and in which case any recommendations, I need to replace my links and I would like to go adjustable.
I have a stock 2010 gt if it makes a difference.

I bought a set, will not put them on the car.The shoulder that rests against the sway bar is to small. I feel it has very little support. Run the BMR's It is very good.

Mustang dog

forum member
Reaction score
I like the adjustable spherical BMR design a lot I just didn't like their price. I went with Spohn, I am just installing it now with a new ES diff bushing as well so I'll know soon enough once I get some miles in.

My apologies if I this seems like a hijack it wasn't my intention at all.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 11

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back