Any movie buffs or movie goers?

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
I wanted to see Hardcore Henry, but missed it in my preferred theater on opening weekend, and apparently, they were only showing it that weekend... so not stoked.

I have mixed feelings about that movie.
I want to see it because all the fighting and action.
I kinda like/hate the idea of the first-person filming ... who the fuck is Henry?
No mirrors in this movie where we can see the fucker?

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
Go watch bad motherfucker, the movie is an hour and a half long version of that with more budget. A friend saw it and said it was amazing, if you don't get motion sickness.

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
Yeah, I was shocked how good it was, yet didn't fucking destroy the box office.

I made a mistake and watched a movie called "WEAPONiZED" last night. Complete opposite of the spectrum. I've been on a kick of trying to find movies that didn't do so well that are actually great lately. Equilibrium was a gem to find. edit: except it has a tiny bit of dog violence inferred and heard, way less angering than John Wick.

RazorbackMustang

MT82 Lover
Reaction score

I made a mistake and watched a movie called "WEAPONiZED" last night. Complete opposite of the spectrum. I've been on a kick of trying to find movies that didn't do so well that are actually great lately. Equilibrium was a gem to find. edit: except it has a tiny bit of dog violence inferred and heard, way less angering than John Wick.

Equilibrium is one of my all time favorite movies. Absolutely awesome.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score

Probably cuz so many people actually pay attention to what critics say.
I couldn't care less. If it looks good in the previews, I wanna see it. I also decide pretty quickly if I wanna see something, and if I do I try to not watch the whole preview, since some of the previews are long and give away WAY too much of the movie.

Yeah it sucked to see that dog get killed in John Wick ... my lady wanted to see it, wasn't ready for that and she hates animal violence even more than me ...

TheSuit

VISIONARY
Reaction score
coming later this year - looks great to me (but then I love westerns!)

First time seeing the preview. I have seen it posted around on a few areas but never got around to actually watching it. It looks entertaining and looks like a good group for a cast. Does seem like a while since there was a good western theme movie out.

joe_momma

forum member
Reaction score
Planning on going to see Captain America this Saturday.

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Saw Captain America: Civil War yesterday and it was pretty good, not a bad story line and great special effects. If you like the comic book movies then you will like this one

Shaffe

forum member
Reaction score
Saw it last night and it was awesome. Black Panther was awesome.

After this movie though I think it will be harder for the stand alone movies in the MCU. While Cap was obviously the main focus here, to me this was essentially The Avengers 2.5

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
I was expecting more, actually. The previews made it seem like Tony and Steve were going to clash a little harder. And they should have ended the final fight with Tony losing his shit and not holding back. It's pretty clear how big his advantage was there, and he could (and should) have just acted without hesitation. But maybe they're trying to evolve him more as a character.

What happened with Pepper? There were some references, but I didn't catch them due to some less than amazing movie neighbors.

joe_momma

forum member
Reaction score
Saw Cap, loved it. As mentioned, essentially Avengers 2.5. Unless I missed something, Tony just said they were taking a break from each other. One thing I thought was cool was how they hinted at SW power. She's one of the most powerful beings in Marvel, and they are just tapping the surface with her.

Dr. Strange looks interesting, I guess. Was never a fan of the comic, so I don't know much about him.

Pumped for X-Men.

Shaffe

forum member
Reaction score
I was expecting more, actually. The previews made it seem like Tony and Steve were going to clash a little harder. And they should have ended the final fight with Tony losing his shit and not holding back. It's pretty clear how big his advantage was there, and he could (and should) have just acted without hesitation. But maybe they're trying to evolve him more as a character.

What happened with Pepper? There were some references, but I didn't catch them due to some less than amazing movie neighbors.

He did go pretty all out once he analyzed Caps fight style "OK lets kick his ass" he beat cap down pretty good pretty fast after that. It seemed to me for most of the final fight he was just trying to get Cap out of the way so he could go after Bucky.

Basically Tony says he kind of pushed her away with his antics in Iron Man 3 and Avengers Age of Ultron they are taking a break.

Saw Cap, loved it. As mentioned, essentially Avengers 2.5. Unless I missed something, Tony just said they were taking a break from each other. One thing I thought was cool was how they hinted at SW power. She's one of the most powerful beings in Marvel, and they are just tapping the surface with her.

Dr. Strange looks interesting, I guess. Was never a fan of the comic, so I don't know much about him.

Pumped for X-Men.

Dr Strange looks very....strange lol.

Another thing I really liked about Civil War, I thought they gave Spider Man just the right amount of screen time. And after having time to think about it, I think Black Panther was my favorite part. He is bad ass character.

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
He did go pretty all out once he analyzed Caps fight style "OK lets kick his ass" he beat cap down pretty good pretty fast after that. It seemed to me for most of the final fight he was just trying to get Cap out of the way so he could go after Bucky.

Basically Tony says he kind of pushed her away with his antics in Iron Man 3 and Avengers Age of Ultron they are taking a break.

He had plenty of time to just blast Bucky. I kept waiting for him to turn and fire one of those shoulder missiles or the red laser and cut him in half.

Dr Strange looks very....strange lol.

Another thing I really liked about Civil War, I thought they gave Spider Man just the right amount of screen time. And after having time to think about it, I think Black Panther was my favorite part. He is bad ass character.

I agreee with both Spiderman and Black Panther. I thought how BP ended up with the bomber was well done. Would have been very easy to have him either go for the kill or not react fast enough to the gun, but it was a perfect way to close that arc and pull him into the Avengers fold without being too dark.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back