What have you done to your house today

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
I installed this, my wife actually cried when old glory went into the wind for the first time.

Excellent! Mine is attached to house and faded, I keep thinking I should go to a pole and I even think there is an old one laying in the woods

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
I'm still crazy for how many bulbs I planted but results make me feel better about it haha. The lawn needs a lot of work, being on well and wanting to plant grass I pull dandelions & other weeds by hand instead of poisons, I collect them in 5 gallon bucket and I've easily hit 60 gallons so far this year :omfg:

Dafodill's, Tulips getting ready
TqJcKKZ.jpg

TqJcKKZ.jpg

Dafodill's mostly done, Tulips blooming
ez3I6GA.jpg

H5L6ksY.jpg

NEnq9E8.jpg

o2IkVDY.jpg

bMvq7mt.jpg

KO3Zkly.jpg

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a recommendation for a home automation hub? I'm trying to decide between the Samsung and Wink hubs.

I tried the Wemo lightbulbs, worked ok for a while and then they started turning on & off by themselves. Pissed me off and still haven't found time to talk to tech support about it

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Was working under those crab apple trees. Sounded like I had a bee hive over my head. They were really getting after those blossoms.

20160517_100936_resized_zpsfm7e1yi9.jpg

Premium08

Need to Get Another Pony
Reaction score

It's a D Series but I was getting tired of mowing with a push all the time. First riding mower ever!
Nice!!!! My grandpa moved into a subdivision a few years back and didn't need his riding mower so he gave it to my dad, and he's been using it ever since instead of the one he had already. Well just a few months ago dad brought his mower to my house to use indefinitely unless the other one broke. Low and behold he calls me the other day and says the motor blew up, so he came and got his back and I'm back to push mowing.

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
Got 2nd opinion on having large tulip tree with bottom rot removed, much better the conventional way than the first guy wanting to bring in a 55ton crane

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Got 2nd opinion on having large tulip tree with bottom rot removed, much better the conventional way than the first guy wanting to bring in a 55ton crane

Many times the heavier equipment will result in much lower impact on the property. Hydraulics rock! Roping and dropping all that weight manually will turn your yard into a battle zone. Cranes will fly it out and set it down in the landing zone, wood can be flown straight into the truck.

Madpony

Reaction score
Bought 2 dozen flats of flowers.. need help to get them in... anyone?

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Got my new barstools today. They will work with the table I have for now, and I eventually will put a bar top in the pass through window so they will fit there as well. They are really solid and nice for what I paid. Amazon $57 each.

IMG_3253.jpg

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
Many times the heavier equipment will result in much lower impact on the property. Hydraulics rock! Roping and dropping all that weight manually will turn your yard into a battle zone. Cranes will fly it out and set it down in the landing zone, wood can be flown straight into the truck.

Oh I know it's the best way, but it's also triple the cost :insane:. Plus that area of the lawn needs a lot of help anyway, its very hard not enough top soil and mostly weeds instead of grass. Figure after this I'll get top soil fill the divots and level it all out for grass planting

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Oh I know it's the best way, but it's also triple the cost :insane:. Plus that area of the lawn needs a lot of help anyway, its very hard not enough top soil and mostly weeds instead of grass. Figure after this I'll get top soil fill the divots and level it all out for grass planting

Sounds like the guy with the crane bid has a lot fatter profit margin. If it's bid right my expenses will be about the same with big equipment versus lots of manpower, but the manpower method takes three times longer.

In that case take the manual bid and treat the guys well with drinks and snacks, maybe a cash tip at the end. They will be most appreciative.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Got the screen door replaced today.
Picked it up at Home Depot this morning, installed it this afternoon.
Andersen 3000-series, built-in screen that slides down from the top, no more taking out the glass when we want the screen in there.

And we went with black to match the black shutters and the black flower pots by the door:

20160530_door5.jpg

20160530_door4.jpg

bigmike06GT

forum member
Reaction score
Got the screen door replaced today.
Picked it up at Home Depot this morning, installed it this afternoon.
Andersen 3000-series, built-in screen that slides down from the top, no more taking out the glass when we want the screen in there.

And we went with black to match the black shutters and the black flower pots by the door:

20160530_door5.jpg

20160530_door4.jpg
Just be careful with those screens, my mother has had a screen door similar to that and she went to open it the other day and no screen came out. Guess who gets to try and fix it next time I am out there LOL.
Also finished up my front yard, just need to put another layer of mulch on the part I did last year
yard_zpsbksqbo3z.jpg

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back