What have you done to your mustang today?

Offrampmotel

forum member
Reaction score
I wanted my car in any color besides black. But I figure I might as well go all the way black now.

a448519f6dc7835b9bfbeae09fcb494d.jpg
a28790f54d9fbe0f6416308721508601.jpg
2a4fc1e7694394800191d50e283bb9f2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

travelers

Reaction score
Washed mine before I went to NMRA at Maple Grove today. Saw some good racing, talked to some venders I had questions for. Watched Beefcake run a few 7.9s and some other well know racers.

JimC

Reaction score
Did some data logging today, after getting new tires - I am a tester for Nitto and just got some 555G2 the new ultra high performance summer tire to test and give them feedback on. Pretty good tire, lots of grip compared to my Nitto Motivo all season tires.

I had the data log running this time when the CEL triggered. So maybe it will give a clue what is going on; it never sets a code so I can't get a clue where to start on it. The CEL triggered this time doing a static data log. Sitting at idle, then taking it up in steps of 500 rpm to 3,000. Got to 3,000 and was holding it there and the CEL triggered and the car started running rough with a misfire.

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
I wanted my car in any color besides black. But I figure I might as well go all the way black now.

a448519f6dc7835b9bfbeae09fcb494d.jpg
a28790f54d9fbe0f6416308721508601.jpg
2a4fc1e7694394800191d50e283bb9f2.jpg

Dip or spray paint? If it is dip, you don't need to tape the middle off, just spray it evenly and thick enough, and you can peel the middle right off. Makes it a bit easier.

Offrampmotel

forum member
Reaction score
Dip or spray paint? If it is dip, you don't need to tape the middle off, just spray it evenly and thick enough, and you can peel the middle right off. Makes it a bit easier.

It's dip. It was my first time using it so I didn't want to take any chances. I'm happy with the way it came out, but I plan to do it when the weather conditions are a little more favorable.
b3750a45b6b19ee28d8d31cf11b92a4e.jpg

TenSpeed

Reaction score
It's dip. It was my first time using it so I didn't want to take any chances. I'm happy with the way it came out, but I plan to do it when the weather conditions are a little more favorable.
b3750a45b6b19ee28d8d31cf11b92a4e.jpg

I have my rear panel just like yours, dipped only the chrome Ford ring. I have tried it all on that panel, the whole thing, just the GT, none, tried to color match the dip to the car (white - fail) and I think that the way we have it now looks the best.

The only reason I suggest that to you is that if the tape in the center is touching the dipped area of the ring at all, when you go to peel it, the dip adheres to the tape and will come off the ring and you will have to redo it. Something that small of an area, just tape around it giving yourself some room, usually an inch or so. Spray the entire thing like you were dipping the whole area. Results usually come out how you want since you are not worried about overspray or that tape. 6-7 coats will leave you with an easily peeled dip layer to remove when you are done.

For me, spraying a light first coat, like 50% coverage and then a second coat 75% coverage about 10 minutes later works the best. Once that is dry, the following coats get a bit heavier. It also seems that the warmer the weather, the easier it is to dip stuff on the car.

Offrampmotel

forum member
Reaction score
I have my rear panel just like yours, dipped only the chrome Ford ring. I have tried it all on that panel, the whole thing, just the GT, none, tried to color match the dip to the car (white - fail) and I think that the way we have it now looks the best.

The only reason I suggest that to you is that if the tape in the center is touching the dipped area of the ring at all, when you go to peel it, the dip adheres to the tape and will come off the ring and you will have to redo it. Something that small of an area, just tape around it giving yourself some room, usually an inch or so. Spray the entire thing like you were dipping the whole area. Results usually come out how you want since you are not worried about overspray or that tape. 6-7 coats will leave you with an easily peeled dip layer to remove when you are done.

For me, spraying a light first coat, like 50% coverage and then a second coat 75% coverage about 10 minutes later works the best. Once that is dry, the following coats get a bit heavier. It also seems that the warmer the weather, the easier it is to dip stuff on the car.

Thanks for the tips. I'm going to give that a try when the weather warms up again.

I, too, tried to think of anything I could to change up the back end, and I'm very happy with this look.

TenSpeed

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips. I'm going to give that a try when the weather warms up again.

I, too, tried to think of anything I could to change up the back end, and I'm very happy with this look.

Well, for your first time dipping, that came out really well. Not so much the same here, took me a bit to get the hang of it.

You could always get the taillight tint inserts for the clear part of the back lights. I ran those for a while and it just gives the back a much cleaner look. Light shines right through them. Mine in one of the various stages of no dip. Picked them up from the Lamin-X website.

Offrampmotel

forum member
Reaction score
I really like the look of the taillights with the laminate. Looks like I have to put that on my shopping list.

Phil1098

Reaction score
Went out data logging as asked by Lito. Good thing I'm down in flat farm country with open roads, he asked for a WOT pull in third from 2,000-6,500. I was watching the engine speed and the road, but with 3.55 gears still I suspect it was 100+. Gotta love the open country side.

TenSpeed

Reaction score
I really like the look of the taillights with the laminate. Looks like I have to put that on my shopping list.

It has a gloss to it that almost matches that center panel. When I had it on there it looked like it could be factory.

Phil1098

Reaction score
Green Acres is the place to be Phil :jester:

I'm there! It's either corn or soy beans, every year they rotate............as far as the eye can see. When there isn't some fucking giant John Deere tractor on the road. In the fall they will have a combine with a head WAY wider than the road.

Attachments

• JD.jpg
    JD.jpg
    338.1 KB · Views: 18

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Removed the CHE axle brace from the fiancee's Shelby and did a 4-wheel brake job on it with new slotted StopTech rotors and Hawk HPS pads.
Went with the larger '13-'14 GT500 14" rear rotors with the adapter brackets the dude sells on eBay and on svtperf.

20160501_brakes21.jpg

20160501_brakes22.jpg

20160501_brakes24.jpg

Huge difference between the stock 11.8" rear rotor and the new one:

20160501_brakes8.jpg

Also changed its oil and filter, put in some fresh Amsoil and a new Wix filter :)

20160501_LOF_60590mi.jpg

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
I'm there! It's either corn or soy beans, every year they rotate............as far as the eye can see. When there isn't some fucking giant John Deere tractor on the road. In the fall they will have a combine with a head WAY wider than the road.

Still in all Phil, Id much rather deal with tractors than being stuck in rush hour traffic on a daily basis which begins at 2PM here in Shitsburgh, PA lol.

-Rocky

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
Removed the CHE axle brace from the fiancee's Shelby and did a 4-wheel brake job on it with new slotted StopTech rotors and Hawk HPS pads.
Went with the larger '13-'14 GT500 14" rear rotors with the adapter brackets the dude sells on eBay and on svtperf.

20160501_brakes21.jpg

20160501_brakes22.jpg

20160501_brakes24.jpg

Huge difference between the stock 11.8" rear rotor and the new one:

20160501_brakes8.jpg

Also changed its oil and filter, put in some fresh Amsoil and a new Wix filter :)

20160501_LOF_60590mi.jpg

You did such a fantastic job Gabe.. And I'm sure your fiancee most definitely feels the very same way as well..

-Rocky :waytogo:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back