Who wants to test it?

HC_Tad

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
EDIT: skwerl has agreed to be our victim. Thanks! We've got some other customers testing this as well. Once we've collected sufficient feedback we'll likely have them available at a nice discount for you guys!

We need one more person to beat the shit out of a new panhard we wish to put on the market. I'd prefer to work with a previous customer or someone who has donated to Bethany's cause. PM me if you're interested.

Last edited:

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Thanks for the opportunity to help out, Tad. Be sure to throw an extra sticker in the box so I can make sure all those people behind me can see it. ;)

HC_Tad

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the opportunity to help out, Tad. Be sure to throw an extra sticker in the box so I can make sure all those people behind me can see it. ;)

Black, sliver, or white on the decal? What size shirt?

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
what are the details on the new bar? ill hopefully have my car on the road by march and autocrossing soon after. I am running your adjustable currently but am always lookin to upgrade

Last edited:

HC_Tad

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
what are the details on the new bar? ill hopefully have my car on the road by march and autocrossing soon after. I am running your adjustable currently but am always lookin to upgrade

I'll post up in a couple weeks with more details.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I got the panhard bar today. It's a sharp looking piece and of course the packaging was perfect. Even the UPS apes couldn't hurt this one. I'll get more pictures when I install it this weekend.

IMG_2477.jpg

IMG_2478.jpg

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
So I went ahead and installed it. first thing was to remove my existing bar, which is a single adjustable I bought a couple years ago. I used it as my yardstick to set the preliminary length on the new bar.

IMG_2482.jpg

Install was relatively straight forward. You have to unbolt the two sway bar links and drop the sway bar because the right link is blocking the panhard bar mounting bolt. Stick it in, set your length and tighten everything down. On this version the right side needs to be dropped down in order to get a wrench on the adjustment nut. This is an inconvenience I've already brought to Tad's attention.

IMG_2483.jpg

IMG_2484.jpg

The driver's side needs a 45 or 90 degree zerk fitting in order to be able to grease it. The passenger side is accessible with either. I installed the supplied 90 degree zerks before installation simply because I had them. They took about 3-4 pumps of synthetic grease per side. I went ahead and greased the rest of my rear suspension while I was under there.

HC_Tad

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Brian. I'm looking forward to some feedback regarding performance.

What Brian's testing is a larger diameter, thicker walled, HD aluminum panhard. Insane strength, great anodized finish, and still lighter than stock. And the price will be extremely competitive :thumb2:

Fuerte

forum member
Reaction score
Any word on release?

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk 2

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
The new piece looks great but what's the word on the single-adjustable steel bar?

I've been waiting about a month now for them to become available through my regular supplier.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back