Looking to purchase a kit. Best vendors?

rad_rob

forum member
Reaction score
So I am ready to purchase the digital kit, but was wondering where you guys picked your kits up from, and whether you were happy in dealing with them or not. Im trying to get my car ready for the local shows, and possibly getting it out to SEMA this year, and I have been hearing nothing but awesome things about this kit. So its time I gave it a shot. Sorry if this is in the wrong section, just looking for some info on who has the best pricing/turnaround on shipping. Thanks!

junkyard08

forum member
Reaction score
I got mine from bagriders. I was happy with going through them. They also have a lot of extra things like water traps, fittings, etc. Open road tuning is another one I have heard good things about.

rad_rob

forum member
Reaction score
Well that's good to hear. It looks like both those places build hybrid kits? Like I noticed the Open Road kit has the Switchspeed air management which I believe it Accuair right? Im wondering what the benefits of going with a different air management system would be. I do like the auto leveling that Accuair offers.

rad_rob

forum member
Reaction score
Also, I noticed that when you select the kit from Bag Riders with the Air Lift Autopilot v2, the price is $500 less than everywhere else. Am I missing something that the other kits offer? That seems like a pretty good price.

*EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out. That price didn't include the rear shocks.

Last edited:

Count

forum member
Reaction score
I think that when you add the shocks in it'll add the $500.

I got mine from American Muscle.

Jeremy@AirLift

forum member
Reaction score
We have an incredible network of dealers who sell our product. Since you are a member here, I would really suggest purchasing through one of the supporting vendors on this forum.

rad_rob

forum member
Reaction score
We have an incredible network of dealers who sell our product. Since you are a member here, I would really suggest purchasing through one of the supporting vendors on this forum.

Yeah, I think I may end up picking up a kit through UPR. Just a quick question, for those of you who have this kit, what would you consider some of the must-haves other than the kit itself? Dual compressors? Water Traps? Knowing now what you didn't know then, what would you have done differently when buying your kit?

Can't wait to get this installed.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Make sure you have fittings for a drain at the bottom of the tank.

I also routed the valve dump like outside with a muffler. Isolator kit is nice. I also put in a shraeder valve to refill my tank if the compressor gave out

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah, I think I may end up picking up a kit through UPR. Just a quick question, for those of you who have this kit, what would you consider some of the must-haves other than the kit itself? Dual compressors? Water Traps? Knowing now what you didn't know then, what would you have done differently when buying your kit?

Can't wait to get this installed.

I have a single compressor and the smaller tank because I wanted to hide everything under the floor. I've seen Jeremy recommend water traps, but I'm not using them at this point. I just drain the tank every couple of weeks or so. But when I say "drain", honestly... when I hit the schrader valve, it mists for just a moment and then it's clear.

Ingwe

Sun, Sea, Sand and Camels
Reaction score
I have a single compressor and the smaller tank because I wanted to hide everything under the floor. I've seen Jeremy recommend water traps, but I'm not using them at this point. I just drain the tank every couple of weeks or so. But when I say "drain", honestly... when I hit the schrader valve, it mists for just a moment and then it's clear.

Do you guys offer options to change/upgrade parts? I'll be in the market for a kit at some point but would rather have 2 380 compressors, and the 2.5 gal tank to fit in the spare wheel well.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
I went with the 4gal pancake tank. Has enough air stored to lift the car and can mount 2 compressors in there with it if you want.

The 2.5 may lack capacity to go 0 to up in one go

rad_rob

forum member
Reaction score
I went with the 4gal pancake tank. Has enough air stored to lift the car and can mount 2 compressors in there with it if you want.

Thats kind of what I was thinking too. I like the idea of everything being hidden.

junkyard08

forum member
Reaction score
Do you guys offer options to change/upgrade parts? I'll be in the market for a kit at some point but would rather have 2 380 compressors, and the 2.5 gal tank to fit in the spare wheel well.

I think it depends on the vendor you get the kit from. With that being said though, they do sell compressors by themselves along with the second power harness for a second compressor. They really make it pretty easy to add or upgrade

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score

Yes, I can custom tailor the kit to your preference.

I'm running the 2.5 gal tank and it will go up in one go.

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

I agree with Shard, no issue with a full 2.5 gallon tank going from parked stance to ride height.

Thats kind of what I was thinking too. I like the idea of everything being hidden.

Wesley, as I recall the pancake tank while it fits in the tire well nicely it extends above the trunk floor, didn't you make a false floor to cover it?

For reference in my trunk tire well install I added the following components to kit part # 95723:

1. 1 - VIAIR 380C compressor, # 16380
2. 1 - 2.5 gallon polished air tank, #12958
3. 3 - ¼” SMC Water Traps, # 21011
4. 1 – AutoPilot V2 second compressor integration harness, # 27679
5. 2 – Compressor isolator kits, # 50714
6. A few ¼” NPT fittings for the 2.5 gallon tank (original tank 4 gallon tank used several 3/8” NPT fittings as I recall)

(Sorry only one isolator kit in this picture)

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back