Pan Hard Bar

UMI Performance

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Yes I agree, this is why there is multiple settings. We recommend to try both to see what works best for the vehicle. A lot of factors come into play, such as power and other suspension modifications. No setting is correct, it takes trial. The nice thing is that the brackets allow you to make these changes with out unbolting them, even if you need to go back to stock it is easily achieved.

Boozshey

Reaction score
A lot of factors come into play, such as power and other suspension modifications. No setting is correct, it takes trial.

This is what I have tried to preach oh so many times to the point I stopped cause no one ever listens. They want to just follow what they read on the internet and not try things for themselves.

UMI Performance

Official Vendor
Reaction score
This is what I have tried to preach oh so many times to the point I stopped cause no one ever listens. They want to just follow what they read on the internet and not try things for themselves.

You hit the nail on the head there. Research is great however with all the forums and information it is so easy to get confused and not understand something. Many people pass on false information because someone else told them it was correct. We try our best to keep customers on track and educate what is correct.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I loosened the rear shocks all the way, tires were at 15 lbs and I managed my best time yet last night ([email protected]). 60' still isn't any better than before though. On the stock lower control arms I had a 1.734, last night on the new control arms I had a 1.763 and 1.764.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
all ask a few questions and try to help if you will take it?

what RPM are you leaving the line at?

are you spinning off the line at this RPM?

when doing your burnout, what indication are you using to know you are done?

any videos of your launch?

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Launching about 5k. A little spin but I'm not bogging.
On my burnout I use 1st gear at about 5k-6k and spin until the tires grab. About 5-6 seconds I would guess. The MT's let you know when they are ready and when to end your burnout.
No video. My consistency is there, it's very easy to see when looking at the time slips from the last two months. Last night the 60' times on my two runs were 1/1000 apart. And Bithlo isn't known for excellent track prep. There's a reason why it's only $15 to run.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
26" tall or 28" tall tire?

you may want to try dropping down to 4k with ZERO spin.......you want the car hook and go, that will get the most weight transfer to the rear for even more traction.....if its spinning just a little your loosing time and weight transfer. try to get someone to take some video so you can actually see what the car is doing......that will tell you if the suspension is set up decent.

i do all my burnouts in second gear, looking in the side mirror....soon as i see smoke i stop.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
26" tire. I pulled the crappy 28" tires off after 2 disappointing trips to the track, remember?

I installed the UCA this morning since UPS delivered my new Torx bit set on Friday (47mm Torx required to drop the gas tank). Looks like a quality piece.

IMG_1989.jpg

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Just got back from a little ride with the new parts and I can actually feel a difference with the new UCA. What I thought was typical driveshaft clunking is now almost completely gone with the UMI upper and lower control arms holding everything firmly in place. I inspected the stock UCA and it is not damaged or torn but there is quite a bit of flex in the forward mount.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back