Help me pick out Dewalt tools!

themoose06

forum member
Reaction score
Hey guys work currently has me at a Stanley Black and Decker HQ renovating their basement. A huge perk to this job is that we have access to brand new tools at a huge discount off of retail price. Any tools made by black and decker or their sub brands dewalt, bostitch, and porter cable we can pick up at a great cost.

I've been looking to pick up an angle grinder and cordless drill. Now seems to be a good time to do so. Ive used dewalts smaller angle grinders a lot and they work pretty well. Problem is they have so many different varients I don't know where to begin looking. Same thing with the drills. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I want the small angle grinder, no use for the large one, want something with good power. As for the drill no real preferences. Whatever works well and does a good job. Any suggestions? Also if you can think of any other tools I should pick up with this opporotunity, let me know. May consider the impact driver/drill combo.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I have a few DeWalt items but not their drills. Most of my cordless 18v stuff is Makita. I have a couple variable speed drills, a small 1/4" drive impact and a cordless circular saw which has been extremely handy.

For DeWalt branded stuff I have a 20v 1/2" monster impact which will remove and replace the 33mm lug nuts on my bucket truck. I have two pneumatic nail guns, 16 gauge and 18 gauge. I have a portable 6 gallon air compressor. I have a 5" random orbital sander, a compound miter saw with stand and a portable table saw. All have worked flawlessly so far.

DeWalt items usually seem to be near the top of the price range compared to similar items in other brands. Some say they are worth the premium and others say not. I don't always buy the DeWalt brand but they are usually included in my comparisons when shopping. They may not always be the best but you can pretty much guarantee they are near the top.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back