'07-09 GT500 issues?

spectreman

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm aware of the changes to the '14's but the GT500's clutch was really, I mean REALLY, heavy. Caught me off-guard. I was expecting similar to the ol' Bullitt which was by no means a lightweight push but the GT500 would certainly build the ol' left thigh muscles.

spectreman

forum member
Reaction score
I dunno. Before I would even consider the car I test drove, I'd want to talk w/the previous owner to find out who did the upgrade work. They did nice work, at least on the surface, but I'd want to know more and the seller doesn't know or have that info.
Lee

jfried

Reaction score
+1 on changing the clutch.

Personally, I've got a McLeod RXT, and it's great.

W1ldcat

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm buying an 07 and at what HP do I worry about the crank pulley?. It's stock now.

spectreman

forum member
Reaction score
Wowsa, talk about reviving a dead thread.

Bottom line- I can't answer your question, W1ldcat.

By the way, I ended up w/a garage queen, pristinely kept, very low mileage, completely stock '09 GT500 and couldn't be happier. Very, very slowly modding her. It's still got the stock clutch and at almost 25k on the odo, seems to be holding up ok. Even the pedal weight has reduced since I got her.
Lee

2007Vert

forum member
Reaction score
I kept mine with a smaller pulley and tune. When I upgraded to the Trinity blower the pulley crank was upgraded. It is cheap insurance. Good luck and have fun modding your GT500.

W1ldcat

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks, it's off right away to Brenspeed to get a 2.6 pulley and all. Still have the GT
:)

mavisky

forum member
Reaction score
It's recommended to replace it with at least a stock 08+ pulley as soon as possible. That boat anchor is nothing but potential problems

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back