2005 Mustang ProAm build

OutlawEvans

forum member
Reaction score
Build update! Got all of the previous mentioned parts in and have been running events left and right. Also placed 3rd in a top 16 competition in California!
gubHKN8.jpg

sOOKVaE.jpg

Also I got some Rotiforms for the stang for a steal too, they look nicceeeeee

46addict

Reaction score
Car looks good! I see you got the SR coils for the car. They may cause issues later on as aftermarket coils are prone to fail on these engines.

How do you like the Feal coilovers? What spring rates did you go with?

mavisky

forum member
Reaction score
Need to know about that carbon fiber airbag cover on the passenger side. I have the APR units for the vents and the gauges, but they don't make that piece. Is that a piece that sticks to the factory piece or a replacement unit? Any idea where it may have come from?

BTW, sick build. Love a car that actually gets used.

zorph01

Reaction score
Do you have any issues locking up the rear end with a second stock caliper? I'm looking at doing the same but I'm wondering if I need to get a custom bracket for a dual piston Wilwood, or if a second stock caliper will be sufficient.

OutlawEvans

forum member
Reaction score
Car looks good! I see you got the SR coils for the car. They may cause issues later on as aftermarket coils are prone to fail on these engines.

How do you like the Feal coilovers? What spring rates did you go with?

Thanks for the tip! Unfortunately I didn't see that they failed until after I installed them haha. I went with 6k rear and 8k front! Justin pawlak recommended to go with those but I think 10k on the front would be best

OutlawEvans

forum member
Reaction score
Need to know about that carbon fiber airbag cover on the passenger side. I have the APR units for the vents and the gauges, but they don't make that piece. Is that a piece that sticks to the factory piece or a replacement unit? Any idea where it may have come from?

BTW, sick build. Love a car that actually gets used.

Thank you!! Also I have no idea, everyones been asking me. the carbon fiber came with the car

OutlawEvans

forum member
Reaction score
Do you have any issues locking up the rear end with a second stock caliper? I'm looking at doing the same but I'm wondering if I need to get a custom bracket for a dual piston Wilwood, or if a second stock caliper will be sufficient.

Not at all!! I had wilwoods on an s13 that could almost lock up in a straight line and the stockers cant really do that but once you turn in and pull the e brake they lock up instantly. I've used the stock calipers and e brake before also and it worked just fine

mavisky

forum member
Reaction score
Thank you!! Also I have no idea, everyones been asking me. the carbon fiber came with the car

No worries. Just curious though if it's a replacement piece or if it is just like one of those stick on dash kits using double sided tape.

If it's a full replacement I would make you a sweet deal on it.

Last edited:

OutlawEvans

forum member
Reaction score
So instead of selling the car to do road course racing I decided to aim the build for a top drift limited class I california! 3 rounds, 235 width tires max and 240 tread wear. Only thing to make the car legal is I have to put the door cards back in and trim them to fit. After that I plan on throwing in a unicorn angle kit, bigger radiator, oil cooler, and That's probably it. Hopefully I can podium with this thing in a series!

mavisky

forum member
Reaction score
Any chance you could answer this question?

Just curious though if it's a replacement piece or if it is just like one of those stick on dash kits using double sided tape.

Been trying to locate a carbon fiber trim piece for my passenger airbag cover and I'm down to stick on carbon or custom wrapping my own.

OutlawEvans

forum member
Reaction score
When I pulled out the passenger airbag it all came out as one piece so I believe it was either wrapped or bought like that. Doesn't seem double stickied

OutlawEvans

forum member
Reaction score
Did you not have to do anything with the UCA's and LCA's on that car?

No not at all. I put the car extremely low and everything seemed fine. It's kinda hard to tell since I've haven't cruised it on a freeway, lowered it, then went on a freeway again. It's kinda hard to tell if the geometry is wrong and such while drifting. For me at least.

I did install some bmr lower arms shortly after though, non adjustable. I am going to install an upper arm soon. But with the stock one the pinion angle seems fine

OutlawEvans

forum member
Reaction score
Currently looking at installing a gauge setup and boosting the car also, anyone have recommendations?

Anti

forum member
Reaction score
Currently looking at installing a gauge setup and boosting the car also, anyone have recommendations?

From what I understand on3performance makes a turbo kit for the S197s if you are not afraid of a little piping work, etc.

I am sure in the other sections you can get much better input though.

OutlawEvans

forum member
Reaction score
From what I understand on3performance makes a turbo kit for the S197s if you are not afraid of a little piping work, etc.

I am sure in the other sections you can get much better input though.

1,889$ isn't bad at all for that kit. Seems like it would need to some tig welding done in guessing.

What would people's input be for drifting, Turbo or super charger?

OutlawEvans

forum member
Reaction score
Quick update of parts I'll be throwing on and what else I plan on doing. Any input is appreciated
-Bmr relocation bracket for rear arms
-bmr upper arm
-grantelli Motorsports front and rear sway bars

Still planning to buy
-caster/ camber plates
-unicorn angle kit

That's really everything I could think of to still do other than boosting it

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back