Where to mount a Davies Craig EWP115 for the intercooler

Silverhorse.s197

Glorified Welder
Reaction score
I'm in the process of adding a GT500 supercharger to my GT via a Department of Boost intake . I will be using a stock heat exchanger from a 2011 GT500. I opted for the Davies Craig Alloy pump EWP115 . Not that i will need the extra flow , But have heard more flow is always better . The question is where to mount it ? I'm a Welder / Fabricator so i can make up damn near anything for a mount .. Just not sure where the best place would be at ? Has anyone used one of these or simular pumps for their GT500 ? Any info would be greatly appreciated .. Pics will help even more .. Thanks !

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
more flow isn't always better, if the fluid moves too fast to adequately pass heat, then it's not as effective.

This is where it's mounted on mine I think.

Last edited:

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
more flow isn't always better, if the fluid moves too fast to adequately pass heat, then it's not as effective.

For all real world practical applications on our cars, you can't flow to much coolant Dave. There are just so many things slowing flow in the circuit, can't get there. The math is hideous.

chandlern

forum member
Reaction score
My pump is mounted off the frame rail, being basically the lowest point immediately after the reservoir means it never gets airbound.

Silverhorse.s197

Glorified Welder
Reaction score
My pump is mounted off the frame rail, being basically the lowest point immediately after the reservoir means it never gets airbound.

Should it be mounted before the heat exchanger getting coolant from the reservior ? or after the heat exchanger feeding directly back to the engine ?

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
I think its best to have the reservoir to gravity feed the pump without restriction, then have any restrictions after the pump

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
yea hah

Ive seen some where the pump was mounted infront of the tire behind the fender/bumper

Silverhorse.s197

Glorified Welder
Reaction score
Looks like a decent amount of room there. Still trying to figure out how to mount the pump .. Thinking on some sort of bulk head fitting and supporting it from the hose inlet

Silverhorse.s197

Glorified Welder
Reaction score
That's where mine is, reservoir is in the same spot on the other side. My set up goes reservoir-pump-blower-heat exchanger-reservoir.

Hmmmm , trying to visualize this set up .. I had planned to run my system reservoir-pump -heat exchanger-blower- reservoir . But i'm willing to run any amount of hose to where ever i need it to make it work the best.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
Hmmmm , trying to visualize this set up .. I had planned to run my system reservoir-pump -heat exchanger-blower- reservoir . But i'm willing to run any amount of hose to where ever i need it to make it work the best.

You have it correct. de-gas (reservoir) - pump - HE -blower- reservoir.

That proposed pump will not buy you anything...with the oem 2011 HE.
The 2011 HE is too small. It will just circulate hot water. You require a bigger HE 1st, then the mating bigger pump. But this is ok, then you are set up down the road, if you opt for a bigger HE.... then the new pump is already installed.

Silverhorse.s197

Glorified Welder
Reaction score
You have it correct. de-gas (reservoir) - pump - HE -blower- reservoir.

That proposed pump will not buy you anything...with the oem 2011 HE.
The 2011 HE is too small. It will just circulate hot water. You require a bigger HE 1st, then the mating bigger pump. But this is ok, then you are set up down the road, if you opt for a bigger HE.... then the new pump is already installed.

The H/E was included in with my supercharger . I would of probably been fine with the stock style pump , but since i had to buy one , decided to get one bigger and better .. I will keep my eye out for a decent aluminum tho . Should only have around 10-12 psi of boost with my set-up , so hopefully it don't make a lot of heat .

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back