low boost issue

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
So does your bypass valve actuator look like this one? This is a used one I thought was sticky. Turned out to be mechanical on the stroke adjustment causing the problem. How hard would it be to get this to you? Send me a PM and maybe we can work out getting this to you IF it is the actual one you need.
PRICE FOR THE PART? FREE TO YOUR GOOD HOME IF IT WILL GET YOU UP AND RUNNING JUST MAYBE SOME SHIPPING HELP. But make sure it is the right actuator. Most of them are just about like this one. Look closely at the mount bracket to see if they are a match. This one is off of a Saleen but it look almost identical to the one on my Roush TVS SC.

arvrUC0.jpg

C190JJb.jpg

32pfx09.jpg

Last edited:

Mad

Moe
Reaction score
So does your bypass valve actuator look like this one? This is a used one I thought was sticky. Turned out to be mechanical on the stroke adjustment causing the problem. How hard would it be to get this to you? Send me a PM and maybe we can work out getting this to you IF it is the actual one you need.
PRICE FOR THE PART? FREE TO YOUR GOOD HOME IF IT WILL GET YOU UP AND RUNNING JUST MAYBE SOME SHIPPING HELP. But make sure it is the right actuator. Most of them are just about like this one. Look closely at the mount bracket to see if they are a match. This one is off of a Saleen but it look almost identical to the one on my Roush TVS SC.

arvrUC0.jpg

C190JJb.jpg

32pfx09.jpg

Man i really appreciate it, really since i wrote this thread ive been getting so much help from u guys more than those idiots of mechanics
The mount is a bit different i think but its ok i think i found what i need
This is the piece in the right side of the sc in the back under the throttle body right ?

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
He is in dubai, so take I'd take the mechanics opinion..with a grain of salt. His 2010 GT-500 uses a dual belt setup, with a 8 rib belt for the blower only..and a 6 rib fead for everything else.

Just hitting the gas pedal while parked, a 2nd person should be able to see the BPV activate.....or not.

What make of blower do you have on there to get 13-14 psi ? I'm sure the oem M-122 blower put out 7 psi. Even with a smaller pulley, you won't get 13-14 psi.

I'd make damn sure the BPV is operating correctly before you do anything else.

Last edited:

Mad

Moe
Reaction score
He is in dubai, so take I'd take the mechanics opinion..with a grain of salt. His 2010 GT-500 uses a dual belt setup, with a 8 rib belt for the blower only..and a 6 rib fead for everything else.

Just hitting the gas pedal while parked, a 2nd person should be able to see the BPV activate.....or not.

What make of blower do you have on there to get 13-14 psi ? I'm sure the oem M-122 blower put out 7 psi. Even with a smaller pulley, you won't get 13-14 psi.

I'd make damn sure the BPV is operating correctly before you do anything else.

Where is the location of the bpv ??

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
By simply googling I found this. Drivers side of SC on back side. Throttle body, elbow, and CAI may have to be removed to get to it to swap it out. GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND. You would be surprised the world it can open up to you.

nF1kzSf.jpg

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
Can u actually get 13-14 psi boost from the oem M-122 blower ?? It's only 122 cubic inches, or exactly 2.0 L displacement. That's not a big blower for a large displacement engine. The story I got was the GT-500 boost gauge was an inferred reading, and not an actual reading.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Can u actually get 13-14 psi boost from the oem M-122 blower ?? It's only 122 cubic inches, or exactly 2.0 L displacement. That's not a big blower for a large displacement engine. The story I got was the GT-500 boost gauge was an inferred reading, and not an actual reading.

plenty of guys making 16-17 with the 2010 GT500 stock blower running upper and lowers. It may not be the most efficient 16-17 but it can be done.

http://www.fordgt500.com/forums/6-performance-modifications/6609-max-boost.html

Mad

Moe
Reaction score
plenty of guys making 16-17 with the 2010 GT500 stock blower running upper and lowers. It may not be the most efficient 16-17 but it can be done.

http://www.fordgt500.com/forums/6-performance-modifications/6609-max-boost.html

Thanks for all the information guys i ordered the part and waiting for it to reach, i think am gna change itmyself at home since the workshops here keep disappointing me

I asked the dealer to order me the part and they want me to pay 388$
I paid 90$ with shipping from ebay

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
388 for that bypass actuator?

for that just buy a takeoff blower and save some $$ hah

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the information guys i ordered the part and waiting for it to reach, i think am gna change itmyself at home since the workshops here keep disappointing me

I asked the dealer to order me the part and they want me to pay 388$
I paid 90$ with shipping from ebay

No problem Mad. Update with how it all works out. Hopefully its just that and not the flap or shaft inside. Glad you were able to get that ebay unit.

Mad

Moe
Reaction score
388 for that bypass actuator?

for that just buy a takeoff blower and save some $$ hah

I live in the united arab Emirates buddy, just incase u guys dont know where that is its where Dubai is

Here everyone wants to take u for a ride even though nobody knows how to deal with a mustang

If u have a chevy or a dodge ur good but a stang ? Ur screwed !

Mad

Moe
Reaction score
No problem Mad. Update with how it all works out. Hopefully its just that and not the flap or shaft inside. Glad you were able to get that ebay unit.

From my close to zero background and the research ive done so far its most probably the actuator itself or something is preventing the flap from closing like a bad O ring "if there was one" am saying this because ive been getting 4psi sometimes 6psi and one time i got 9psi !!!
Ill open it up n let u guys know

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
I'd suggest you see Louie at L&R Performance. He goes by G.T on this forum, has a shop in Dubai and is competent.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back