December 2011 Car Of The Month: Blacknite

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Blacknite1.jpg

photo by Brad Stillwell

December 2011 Car Of The Month: Blacknite's 2010 GT500

This month we have Blacknite's beautiful 2010 GT500. Can a GT500 ever be called a "sleeper"? If it can, its this one, as it has a completely stock exterior. No hints of what lurks beneath that flat factory hood. This thing is anything but stock. This monster has put down 954 rwhp and 1,020 rwtq. Thats right, over 1,000 ft-lbs of torque. Thats 8 second quarter mile power with the right 60' time. Lets take a closer looks at this car and see what the real story is.

Blacknite8.jpg

The car has a stock engine with the factory supercharger. Well, then how the hell do you get 954 rwhp out of that? How about a Hellion Hellraiser twin turbo kit pushing 23 psi on top of the factory supercharger? Compound boost. Yeah that will do it. What is compound boost you ask? And why would anyone do it? The simple answer to this question is addressed quite well on the Hellion website here: http://www.hellionpowersystems.com/index.php/compound-boost-resource While the engine may be stock, the fuel system certainly isn't to make this kind of power. The car has the Lethal Performance 3 pump return system, along with Lethal Performance 205 lb injectors and E85 for fuel. Wow. A C&R heat exchanger keeps intake air temperatures reasonable. Stock exhaust manifolds dump into an off road x-pipe and a magna flow 3 inch cat back system. Here is a video of this beast on the dyno. The dyno run starts at 1:25.

The car's suspension consists of QA1 coilover struts up front with QA1 cast camber plates, and QA1 double adjustable shocks in the rear. BMR is used for the tubular K-member, A-arms, and radiator support. The upper and lower control arms as well as the anti-roll bar are from TRZ Motorsports. A Mcleod RXT clutch and a Dyno Tech aluminum one piece driveshaft transmits the power to the reared.

Blacknite9.jpg

photo by Brad Stillwell​

The interior is basically stock, but check out the trick custom gauge pod above the passenger side visor. The center console hides a control center that Captain Kirk would be proud of.

Blacknite6.jpg

blacknite5.jpg

MOD LIST

Exterior
Stock with the ground effects painted glossy black

Interior
MGW Shifter
Custom 4 gauge pod in place of overhead light (made by Brian Tonietti of Nexations Creations)
Autometer: Boost-Fuel press-Turbo oil press-AEM a/f
Custom Switch panel in center console that hold EBoost2 boost controller-line lock switch-intercooler pump- heat exchanger fan (made by me)
UPR battery relocation kit

Suspension
BMR K-member
BMR a arms
BMR radiator support
BMR drive shaft loop
QA1 Front coilover adjustable struts
QA1 Rear double adjustable shocks
QA1 Cast-Camber plates
TRZ Motorsports adjustable upper-lower control arms
TRZ Motorsports adjustable pan hard bar
TRZ Motorsports anit-roll
Dyno tech aluminum drive shaft
Mcleod RXT clutch
Fore billet aluminum rear end cover

Engine
100% stock from supercharger to oil pan
Hellion Hellrasier twin turbo kit 22-23psi 954hp 1020 trq
Hellion intercooler
Lethal Performance 3 pump return style fuel system on E85
Lethal Performance 205lb injectors
C&R heat exchanger w/dual fans
C&R radiator
Moroso expanded coolant tank
Moroso expanded heat exchanger tank
Stock headers
Lethal Performance o/r x pipe
Magna flow 3in catback
SCT tuner
WOT box
Lethal Performance line lock

In Blacknite's own words:

Where to start.... Guess Ford has ran threw my blood for 32 years now. My family has owned nothing but Ford vehicles for well over 60 years. My obsession with the Mustang comes from my father. He owns a 68 Mustang coupe that I came home in from the hospital. Ever since then, it was Mustang for life. Ive owned 6 different mustangs. My first one was a 1995 Mustang GT (last of the pushrod 5.0) when I was 16. Threw out the next 7 years I had several fox body mustangs. Then in 2002 I sold everything I had to become part owner in my fathers company so that I would have something to pass down to child as my father has done for me. Then that 7 year itch hit again. I needed another Mustang!! Yet I was out of the game for 7 years, which technology has advanced 10 fold since my last mustang. After several months of reading this board and a few others I finally decided on what to get..... 2010 Grabber Blue Shelby GT500. Being it was already supercharged with 540hp 500 trq was the perfect fit. After a few phone calls I found it, bought it, and brought it home. Then that's where the NightMare really began!!! After a year of the car being stock I had enough. I set out to build one of the nastiest, dirties street sleeper car on the street in this area. After several length phone calls with Jared and Matt at Lethal Performance, it was settled. Hellion twin turbo!!! Fast forward about 9 months and my project is complete. The car is completely stock looking, sounding, and driving until you push the pedal down and the 954 horsepower and 1020 torque at 22-23psi fed by E85 comes to life!!
Id like to thank Jared Rosen and Matt Gerlach of Lethal Performance for all the help on getting the right parts to me. Tony Alm for being one of the first GT500 to push his Hellion kit to the limit so Id know what to do and not do. My 3 friends, Bryan Teeters for using his laser cutter to cut the custom control panel, Brad Stillwell for taking outstanding pictures, and Brian Tonietti for hand making the custom gauge pod. Lastly Id like to my girlfriend, Kat for putting up with my obsession and my father for instilling the Ford Blue and Mustang into my blood!!

Congratulations Blacknite from the entire S197forum team!

blacknite2.jpg

photo by Brad Stillwell​

Last edited:

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Congrats Blacknite on being DECEMBER 2011 COTM!!!

Last edited:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Congrats. 32V 5.4L FTMFW

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Congratulations! Very nice ride.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back