Ncaa 2017 bracketology

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Still scratching my head as to how Wake Forest got into the tourney as poorly as they played this year. But even more suspect is how a 14th ranked team (DUKEY BABY) found its way to getting a #2 seed. I guess the ACC generates the most revenue for the NCAA. That must play as much a factor as stats and performance. :asskiss2: < obviously also plays a role.

I'm predicting Duke is out before the sweet 16 and Wake doesn't make the first round. I'm going with the longshot. WISCONSIN/BUTLER with BUTLER winning it all. No rhyme or reason other than passion for the sport is hoping to see an underdog win it.

Dad

forum member
Reaction score
I am going so far out on a limb with my bracket I need to lose weight. Zags beat the Ducks in the final.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Can't believe a Kentucky man doesn't have UK in the final game. WOW!

I don't gamble. Not doing so allows me to be passionate and completely out on a twig when doing bracketology. Unfortunately my team (IU Hoosiers) was able to beat then #3Kansas and then #3UNC pre conference and still find a way to not make the dance. Its called poor coaching. To add insult to injury they lost first round NIT last night. Tom Crean has sucked as a coach at IU since he arrived. I hope this is the end of his career. Sure wish Steve Alford would leave UCLA and come back to IU as head coach.

I have Butler beating Wisconsin in the final round. Was tough not to go with UCLA being Steve Alford is a Bob Knight protégé and former IU all star. But I am loyal to Indiana teams first (with the exception of maybe Purdue) and Big 10 teams second.

Last edited:

Dad

forum member
Reaction score
I just live in KY because of work. Moved here when my last job ended. I am a Tennessee fan through and through.
Yes, my team sucks. I realize it and have come to terms with it. But you support your team whether they suck or are willing it all.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
I just live in KY because of work. Moved here when my last job ended. I am a Tennessee fan through and through.
Yes, my team sucks. I realize it and have come to terms with it. But you support your team whether they suck or are willing it all.

You're not alone there. Like I said IU found a way to beat UNC and Kansas when both were ranked #3 nationally and still missed the dance and then lost to Georgia Tech last night in the NIT opener. Poor coaching, plain and simple. Crean is on the top 10 highest paid coaches int he country and produces results that barely meets 500 mediocrity. Yet the team as a whole has a lot of strong talent that needs discipline he is unwilling to provide. They don't play together as a team. Always playing hotdog ball seeking the highlights reel. The big guy is on the perimeter shooting 3's. WTF? So what if he hits 37% outside the arc. He belongs down low waiting the feed, driving the lane, drawing the fouls. The last time IU had their starter big guy take a 3 pointer from outside the arc was Jason Collier under Bob Knight. Collier stepped outside and made a three. Knight called an immediate timeout and benched his ass for the remainder of the game. Collier pussed out and took a transfer to Georgia Tech. Amounted to nothing and was an All State from Ohio. Sometimes you have to impose discipline regardless of the results.

Glad to hear you remaining loyal to your team. Next time you come across someone wearing UK on a hat or shirt ask them what part of England they are from. When they look at you with the deer in the headlight look say, "Well your shirt says you are from the United Kingdom! LOL!!!

Last edited:

Dad

forum member
Reaction score
I get a lot of grief from people here when I wear my UT stuff. "Hey you can't wear that here" I just ask them if they had to move to Tennessee or Indiana or whatever for a job to support their family, would they leave their UK stuff at the state line and convert to the new state? Of course they say hell no. So I reply, well shut up about me then.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
^^^ Been there done that. I just tell them that we are secure enough in Indiana that we don't mind UK fans wearing their clothing there. Usually shuts them right up.

My wife was born in North Carolina. Her family lived there for 20 years. Her mom's side of the family is from Kentucky. I hear it all the time from both sides.

Stay strong.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back