Next level, what's reasonable to expect

inglimer

forum member
Reaction score
Considering going to forged pistons and rods on my procharged 06. Makes 420 whp now with 39# injectors, catback and 8# of boost.
Thinking smaller sc pulley, 47-60# injectors and retune.
What should I expect power wise and am I missing anything that should be on the list?
Thanks.
Jack

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Billet oil pump gears. Cheap insurance. 2013 oil pump housing and swap your oil pressure relief spring.
How many miles? May want to replacing the timing set. Chains, guides, tensioners.
Stock clutch still? If your planning on pushing harder you may wanna upgrade while motor is out.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Hard to guess power when you didn't even tell us what kind of blower. How many pounds of boost will it deliver?

46addict

Reaction score
I've seen P1SC cars make 530-560whp with headers and offroad exhaust. You may be able to make more with cams/head work, E85, etc but most people upgrade to a D1 or F1 for anything north of 600hp. You'll need to do something about the fuel pump if it's stock, plus what Wes mentioned.

inglimer

forum member
Reaction score
As I said it's a Procharger and 24000 on the clock. I would be happy at 520-550 wheel.
Thanks for the good advice. This is new territory for me and any guidance is much appreciated.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Buddy of mine makes 750+ RWHP with his Procharger setup/forged internals/cams/E85/dual Fore Innovation Fuel pump system (I configured and wired it)/LT's and of course no cats. Don't know what model he has but I do know its making 20 psi. So the potential for the 3V is there to go a lot further than push rod engine guys often give these modular 3V engines credit for. Now he just has to learn how to control IAT temps and learn how to drive it. LOL! Hope he reads this! BLAH HAHAHAHA!

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
^^Is he on a return style fuel setup?
Yes. Full return system dual pumps. I have them staged for ease of tuning. First pump is on at key on and the second pump is engaged by a hobbs switch (adjustable pressure switch) set at 2 psi boost. Fore innovation fuel rails and I believe ID1000 FI's.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back