Scott Rod full S197 line now out

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What about the rear seat delete? Do you think that wouldn't be sturdy enough?

for what?

From where I found this info

Cool stuff. The trunk parts, are they strong enough to put weight on, like for a casual use car?

Within reason. The aluminum is .040" so it's more of a cover than anything else. You can put braces under the floor cover to support it for anything you may need to put back there.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
well he was really referring to the trunk pieces but maybe it's also for the rear seat delete

MGT2009

forum member
Reaction score
Does .040 meet nhra requirements for a firewall? Just curious.

Scott Rod Fab

Reaction score
how much weight did the door panels save you ? can u still run the power windows ?

Our door panels are about 3 to 3.5 #'s each. Yes you can run power Windows, you just have to move the switch to the underside of dash, console, or wherever you choose.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Is anyone here running their rear seat delete? Sound level? Rattles?

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Be aware, looks like it will be 9 weeks from when I ordered to when it will ship. Scotts dad passed away, so it is what it is, I have some patience in me :)

slackinoff

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Our door panels are about 3 to 3.5 #'s each. Yes you can run power Windows, you just have to move the switch to the underside of dash, console, or wherever you choose.

Sent you guys a msg on your website. But I think I might have done it wrong.

How is the door handle and lock switch implemented? I could not tell from the pictures. Great looking pieces! I am looking at buying.

Rm

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
Sent you guys a msg on your website. But I think I might have done it wrong.

How is the door handle and lock switch implemented? I could not tell from the pictures. Great looking pieces! I am looking at buying.

Rm

They really aren't. My plan was to attach a red nylon strap to the door latch cable and have it come through the new door panel about where the door handle was OEM. You would just give it a little pull and the door would open.

I was going to eliminate the passenger door wiring and relocate the driver side door lock button and driver side window switch pair to the center console to allow them to be reached by the driver or passenger.

slackinoff

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
They really aren't. My plan was to attach a red nylon strap to the door latch cable and have it come through the new door panel about where the door handle was OEM. You would just give it a little pull and the door would open.

I was going to eliminate the passenger door wiring and relocate the driver side door lock button and driver side window switch pair to the center console to allow them to be reached by the driver or passenger.

Thanks for the info. Below is Scott Rod Fab Store response from my email.

The original release handle can be mounted in the door wherever you choose. Since it is a cable style release, you can place it where it feels most comfortable to you. The power switches can be moved. There is enough wire in the stock harness, to pull I out through the door jamb, and remount it in the dash, under the dash, or in the console. Just give us a call if you have any more questions.
Thanks

Back