Lowering Spring Questions

ThaRobbFather

Reaction score
What's up everybody!

I posted the other day about drop spindles vs. conventional lowering methods. Needless to say, conventional seems to be the way to go. After looking through my options in terms of lowering springs (I'd love coilovers BUT as a broke college kid that seems to be out), I came across a set of K-Sport's from a buddy for a very good price. Yeah, yeah I know they're lesser known and what not but seriously, does anyone have these springs and if so are you happy with them? Quality, ride, etc. If the quality really is that much worse than say, Eibachs or H&Rs, I'll spend the extra couple hundred. BUT if it's six one half dozen the other, I'd love to save it. Basically I'd like to know what you guys have, whether you like it and maybe pictures if possible! Going for a 1.5"-2" drop. I know that'll require new shocks/struts/ various other new components BUT I plan on getting to those in good time.

Anyway, thanks in advance y'all!
-Rob

Rapture

forum member
Reaction score
I would def recommend going as low as you can/want from the start. I've been through 2 sets. SR and Eibach sportlines. 1.5 wasn't enough drop for me in rear. The sportlines aren't enough for me to be honest but that half an inch more looks much better. I have even removed bottom ISOs in the rear. In the end I'm saving up for 18s instead of 19s and coil overs.

It also really depends on what you looking for. Looks or performance. But form follows function and every s197 full track car I've seen is practically slammed on 18s with coil overs.

Last edited:

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
I went with SRs first and it wasn't enough. After a little research, went with the H&R Super Sports. About a 2" drop all around. I did have to go with a set of camber bolts to get the camber within factory spec. I love the look and the ride isn't super harsh. Wish I'd gone with them to begin with.

Rapture

forum member
Reaction score
I went with SRs first and it wasn't enough. After a little research, went with the H&R Super Sports. About a 2" drop all around. I did have to go with a set of camber bolts to get the camber within factory spec. I love the look and the ride isn't super harsh. Wish I'd gone with them to begin with.

We're you the one who sold me the rear sportline springs?

Are the H&R really 2 inch in fronts?

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
Yup, that was me. They spec at 1.9" and they are a little lower than the Eibachs in the rear (never had Eibachs up front)

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back