Maxing out fuel pump

gavin.biegler

forum member
Reaction score
need some help guys i'm doing datalogs on my paxton supercharged 3v gt and i'm maxing out the fuel pump around 5800 rpm on 8psi. the pump is a deatchswerks 340lph drop in what can i do to get myself a bit more out of the pump???

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
I assume you are exceeding 80% Duty cycle and have verified the pump is not failing for starters. Therefore the VMP or KB Boost-a-pump would be a good solution. The VMP I believe is plug-n-play (it is on the 14 anyway) and works well for me. I ran a KB BAP on my 3V 2005 setup and it did well also but required harness cutting to install it.

If you are running 93 octane this should suit you well. If future upgrades such as more boost and E85 are in the picture you may wish to just spend the extra coin now and look into a twin pump setup such as the GT500 package offered by many speed shops on line for the 3v 05-09.

In the meantime I would definitely set the rev limiter to 5600-5700 to protect you from leaning out assuming you have a hand held programmer and a tune giving you the option to do that.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
need some help guys i'm doing datalogs on my paxton supercharged 3v gt and i'm maxing out the fuel pump around 5800 rpm on 8psi. the pump is a deatchswerks 340lph drop in what can i do to get myself a bit more out of the pump???

I believe I answered your post on fb and saw your datalog with it hitting 100% and pressure dropping off. Step one would to be getting better wiring to the fpdm to support the bigger pump that will immediately help and is cheap and easy to do. From there a better pump or bap would be needed. If you have any more questions just shoot me a message.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I believe I answered your post on fb and saw your datalog with it hitting 100% and pressure dropping off. Step one would to be getting better wiring to the fpdm to support the bigger pump that will immediately help and is cheap and easy to do. From there a better pump or bap would be needed. If you have any more questions just shoot me a message.

^ Listen to this guy. The wiring upgrade was the cheapest, easiest mod I ever did on my Bullitt and it reduced my fuel pump duty cycle by 12%.

gavin.biegler

forum member
Reaction score
Yup Jeremy set me up with a wiring upgrade, gonna try that out and see how much it helps out. thank guys!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back