TR6060 swap 08 bullitt

bullitt08dub

Reaction score
Anyone know what connector I need to order yo wire in my reverse lockout?? Sny help great fully appreciated. Just did my tr6060 swap and only thing left to do.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm not aware of a connector to buy, you can just wire it up to any power source you want triggered anyway you want and or leave it off or trim the lockout solenoid spring.

1sloGT

forum member
Reaction score
I'm not aware of a connector to buy, you can just wire it up to any power source you want triggered anyway you want and or leave it off or trim the lockout solenoid spring.

Bumping rather than starting new thread, is there a walk through on installing the lockout and wiring it up? I see references such as this but cant make much sense of it. I've tried a few different searches both here and the rest of the web. A lot of people say don't run it but when I took my 6060 in for a rebuild which came off a swapped car the tech said reverse was in sad shape and showed much more ware than all the others.

I've got a connector with 2 wires coming out and a metal thing that retains a spring (guessing that's the solenoid) with an additional little spring and c clip with it.

Last edited:

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Bumping rather than starting new thread, is there a walk through on installing the lockout and wiring it up? I see references such as this but cant make much sense of it. I've tried a few different searches both here and the rest of the web. A lot of people say don't run it but when I took my 6060 in for a rebuild which came off a swapped car the tech said reverse was in sad shape and showed much more ware than all the others.

I've got a connector with 2 wires coming out and a metal thing that retains a spring (guessing that's the solenoid) with an additional little spring and c clip with it.

Regardless if the solenoid gets energized or not, it does not do anything to affect the gear itself in anyway. The wear on any actually internals was likely user related, ie bad habits, someone limp footing the clutch, not positively engaging the gear every time (limp wristing lol), or someone that likes to bang it into reverse while the car is rolling still.

The solenoid is really a ninny for someone unfamiliar with how to drive that style 6 speed. I drove without it for awhile just takes some practice, effort to get into reverse, seems to be harder for some. Or harder with aftermarket shifters. You just need power and ground to the connector on the solenoid on the trans. I have heard of guys doing a manual switch for it or wiring into the brake light power so that its energized making it easier to get into reverse while the brakes are applied. It appears there is a module that you can buy so it automatically energizes the solenoid at low vehicle speeds based on the vehicle speed sensor. I saw the trick to modify the spring in the solenoid which is what I ended up doing when I had the trans out for upgrade, new clutch and new mgw shifter. I cut the spring shorter which makes it easier to push over to reverse while still providing some resistance to prevent accidently going into reverse if you decide to powershift 5th while driving and push past it somehow. I believe there is a different spring you could buy for it to but not sure on that.

Spring modification
http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2204505&postcount=49

There does seem to be a plug pigtail available now as well which I don't think was back when I did the swap or at least that I didn't find.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Reverse-Loc...ss-Tremec-TR6060-6-Speed-Manual-/291034362707

Last edited:

mrt2you

forum member
Reaction score

1sloGT

forum member
Reaction score
reverse lockout

Thanks everyone. Feeling better now. Great info here for future searches.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back