Anybody know where to buy Radio Buttons?

Black S197

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this question but here it goes anyways.

Does anyone know where to buy the buttons for the open slots on my bezal below the seat warmer buttons and below the A/C and defrost buttons. I apologize if it has been right in front of me but I have searched and surched and have turned up nothing. I'm trying to find some that look stock so I don't have to drill into anything and have everything nice and clean.

Attachments

• IMG_5801.JPG
    IMG_5801.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 11

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
most definitely not the right place.

moved, please review the posting rules

do you want a functioning button or just a blank? did you check the Tasca Parts website? If Ford sells them individually, they will be there, likely a dealer only type item.

Last edited:

Black S197

Reaction score
Thanks I'll check out tasca and go from there. I'm looking for functioning buttons. momentary and/or continues circuit. Wanting to move my line lock and activation switches to these locations.

Last edited:

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks I'll check out tasca and go from there. I'm looking for functioning buttons. momentary and/or continues circuit. Wanting to move my line lock and activation switches to these locations.

That's actually a good idea for a location other than you have to reach for it.

Black S197

Reaction score
It's a pretty good spot for me. When my car is in 1st I can reach it easily and it doesn't feel awkward at all .. but finding a switch that looks good in the spot is going to be a problem. I'm not going hack it up if I do it I want it stock looking as possible. I beleive I'm going to see if the actual set warmer buttons will work if I turn them upside down.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
you shouldn't be doing burnouts in 1st gear

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Even if the gears are too tall or the car isn't making a ton of power?

is that question for me?

if so, burnouts should be done in 2nd for the nearly all late model mustangs, you want to see 55-60 MPH, when doing a burnout, hard to do that in 1st gear.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
In the manual maybe but for the automatic I started in 1st and shifted into 2nd then rolled out.

07 Boss

Reaction score
I start my burnouts in third and don't shift (automatic). I take the wheel speed up to about 60 mph and then hold the throttle. As soon as the tires start to grab and rpm's start to drop, I release the line lock and roll out to the beams, shift into drive and then stage.

07 Boss

Reaction score
It's a pretty good spot for me. When my car is in 1st I can reach it easily and it doesn't feel awkward at all .. but finding a switch that looks good in the spot is going to be a problem. I'm not going hack it up if I do it I want it stock looking as possible. I beleive I'm going to see if the actual set warmer buttons will work if I turn them upside down.

If your a stick you should either put the line lock button on the shifter or be able to operate it with your other hand. Shifting from 1st to 2nd while doing a burn out and holding the button is going to be difficult. Many people use the off function on the cruise control for their line lock switch. I have an automatic but I swapped shifter handles so I could have the line lock button right there. It also works my OD. But they have plenty of handles with buttons on them.

46addict

Reaction score
Was anyone here able to get the cruise off button to work as a line lock switch? If so were you able to retain cruise functions with a 3-way toggle switch?

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back