S550 style headlights for 05-09

jlmotox

forum member
Reaction score
For the money I've seen better... I'd go for it if they were a lot cheaper

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Best aftermarket projector headlights I've seen so far. Not 100% sold on it lol have to see it in person. What do you go you guys think?

http://www.americanmuscle.com/raxiom-drl-headlight-black-0509.html

Mario,

Well they are sorta expensive but just maybe they actually do provide much better lighting than what comes on the S197 Mustangs.

Actually I could easily live with them if in fact they do what they are suppose to, be BRIGHT on the pavement !!!

I also wonder if they would work on the s197 Mustangs that have the (Optional) HID OEM headlights ???

If you have the extra monies and the cost makes no difference then I say give them a try.

Over the years I have tried a lot of things that simply looked great on paper but in reality once installed simply did not work.

I think it simply comes down to trying things and just maybe you might actually get something that really works like the description of the product says.

Let us know what you end up doing.

Terry

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Like my tinted lenses on my halogen reflector. Looks bad ass during the day. Lights up like ass during the night. Doing a hid retrofit kit in my housings with clear lenses

themoose06

forum member
Reaction score
Raxion sucks, why you ask? 4 sets of defective headlights in one year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

06JET

forum member
Reaction score
Wes06
I agree. I love my tinted headlights but I can't see anything at night. I have to run them on Hi-beam to be able to drive safety. Nobody even notices when I meet them on the road. With my fog lights removed night driving kinda sucks.

o2sys
I'm not a fan of the new lights but.... so what....Your Car-Your Choice. That is what makes my car mine and your car yours. Good luck with your purchase with whatever you decide.

07 Boss

Reaction score
You want a cool look and stay with the retro them? Color match your buckets. It will accent the iconic retro louvers or gills that are black on black. It is unique, something you don't see every day and they look good. i think some colors can pull this off better than others though.

old stock bumper

current bumper

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Ive got my housings torn apart for my hid install, was thinking LED's in those two vertical slats in the plastic piece inside, but paint matching doesnt look to bad

702GT

S197 Fanatic
Reaction score
Personally, I've always prefered the retrofit HID projects that I've seen done on this forum. Function never comes into question, and the products have been reliable. As moose stated, Raxion hasn't done themselves any favors using cheap products. Every time I see aftermarket headlights/tail lights imitate OE headlights/tail lights of other years, it makes one eyebrow shoot up. I can understand customization and modification, but trying to make a 05-09 look like a 10-14 or 15+ just doesn't work for me. If I have a lighting problem, or want a new look, I try to modify/upgrade to what suits the car I have, not copy a newer OE. Now putting a coyote in a 05-10, I get that :)

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
yes 06jet, those are aftermarket tinted housings.

06JET

forum member
Reaction score
Take some pictures and show me how you are doing it. Let me know if it is worth the effort and if it is bright enough to actually see at night. I don't want to change mine to clear. I like the blacked out look.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
No I'm going back to clear lenses. But will paint the bowl and the lense surround black. The smoked lense just sucks to much for light output

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I've been pretty happy with the Raxion Vector taillights I bought over the winter, they did a pretty decent job on these.
UY8SNTR.jpg

Headlights I don't plan to touch though.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Those headlights are just OK for me, but...

No they do not work on the S197 body style. Retro is what these cars look best. My 0.02.

I generally do not like the stuff that Raxiom is making for the 05-09 S197 that attempts to copy the 2010 and newer body styles, including the S550. The only exception is the 2013-2014 taillights. Those look OK on the right car. Otherwise, retro is king on the 05-09s.

Plus, nearly $400 for headlights is insane IMHO

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back