Going for 150mph in the 1/2 mile

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I wonder if you could get a few more MPH by switching to something like the Tiger Racing Hood and doing some more aero stuff.

Saleen304

forum member
Reaction score
1/4 mile mph seems low for the power level. DA must have been super high with the bad weather and being in the mountains.

I agree. With 500 rwhp it should be around 117 mph in 1/4. Even at 2000 DA it would only impact it by 1 mph or so.

AndrewNagle

forum member
Reaction score
I agree. With 500 rwhp it should be around 117 mph in 1/4. Even at 2000 DA it would only impact it by 1 mph or so.

That is what I thinking. I guess it all depends on rear gears, transmission gears and shift points as well as horse power and Driver's lack of skills.

Going again in Sept

Saleen304

forum member
Reaction score
That is what I thinking. I guess it all depends on rear gears, transmission gears and shift points as well as horse power and Driver's lack of skills.

Going again in Sept

Mph is purely power to weight especially in the 1/4 mile when you don't have to shift into OD. Shift points and driver can def play a role though.

46addict

Reaction score
b94e2b7f82c12b6647526b3a150a6db7.jpg
What kind of gauge pod is that?

bunits19714

forum member
Reaction score
did you datalog any of your runs? just curious. but your numbers are closer to 375 rwhp at your weight level, was curious if the car was pulling timing and what was the coolant temp and air charge temp by the end of the 1/2 mile.- stone stock coyote cars run 108- 111 in the 1/4 and there basically 345-360 rwhp from the factory depending on transmission trim

AndrewNagle

forum member
Reaction score
did you datalog any of your runs? just curious. but your numbers are closer to 375 rwhp at your weight level, was curious if the car was pulling timing and what was the coolant temp and air charge temp by the end of the 1/2 mile.- stone stock coyote cars run 108- 111 in the 1/4 and there basically 345-360 rwhp from the factory depending on transmission trim

thought i was data logging using BlueDriver by Lemur on my iPhone but did something wrong so the data log is all wonky, will make sure i do it correctly next time or use my SCT

thinking coolant temp was around 160-170 and IAT 90-130 depending on when it took the reading

I knew i was burning oil before going down used a quart in 1,000 miles my friends could really see the white smoke coming out of the exhaust when going down the track, waiting to see the photos. Had the engine rebuild in Fort Mill SC and not sure everything was done properly so making an appointment with Fastlane Motorsports in Benson NC

I really thought i could come close to 150 it dyno'd at 501rwph

goal is to get my shit together and go back down in Sept

AndrewNagle

forum member
Reaction score

Figured out the data logging tonight. I basically datalogged myself waiting in line and turned off the phone when I got ready to race. Pretty stupid so I have hours of idle and no racing.

Got my BlueDriver paired to my iPad and will test it going to work tomorrow.

46addict

Reaction score
It would be interesting to see what spark advance and pump duty cycle looks like and if there is any knock sensor activity, in addition to the PIDs you logged.

Boone

Automotive Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did any of our Mustangers go to the NC 1/2 mile this past weekend? I want to hear some results.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Not a Mustang - but I know UGR went 250 in the 1/2 with the new Huracan X package. Friend of mine has the same car, thing is wicked, 2500+ hp from what I hear.

AndrewNagle

forum member
Reaction score
Did you get your white smoke issue figured out?

Found the problem and getting rectified, rings didn't seat on last engine build, should have used a shop that build yptheie own engines not a tuner who out sourced it.. Getting rebuilt at Fastlanes Motorsport. Will be ready in time.

bunits19714

forum member
Reaction score
good deal- kinda sucks having to do it twice- I was hoping it was a breather issue(couldn't be that lucky) I wanted togo to the either of the Georgia ones this year but I have prior engagements- The VA one has a altitude of I think almost 4000' - that just scrubs off numbers-This is why I didn't register for that one. I am use to running in 750' and below elevation. Airstrip attack has one in Marion IN in August and registration opens Monday July 3rd- I am pretty sure I am going to register for this one - Plus it is only 2.5 hours from my house where as the Wanna go fast events are all 10+ hours- except the IN one in October- which is still 5 hours away- Good luck with engine rebuild and running in September.

AndrewNagle

forum member
Reaction score
good deal- kinda sucks having to do it twice- I was hoping it was a breather issue(couldn't be that lucky) I wanted togo to the either of the Georgia ones this year but I have prior engagements- The VA one has a altitude of I think almost 4000' - that just scrubs off numbers-This is why I didn't register for that one. I am use to running in 750' and below elevation. Airstrip attack has one in Marion IN in August and registration opens Monday July 3rd- I am pretty sure I am going to register for this one - Plus it is only 2.5 hours from my house where as the Wanna go fast events are all 10+ hours- except the IN one in October- which is still 5 hours away- Good luck with engine rebuild and running in September.

Yes sucks to have it done twice but live and learn. First shop bored 0.010 over cause he had custom pistons lying around and I think wanted to get rid of them. So that is good cause it left enough to bore 0.020 over and use stock 3.752 diamond pistons. So pretty much going vanilla ice with a 5.0

Clayton Georgia is 2-2 1/2 hours from me and is at 1,900 feet and I would not be driving 10 hours either.

2 1/2 hours isn't bad and you should have a blast.

travelers

Reaction score
Found the problem and getting rectified, rings didn't seat on last engine build, should have used a shop that build yptheie own engines not a tuner who out sourced it.. Getting rebuilt at Fastlanes Motorsport. Will be ready in time.

AT least they are near you. If and when I have to do that I'm going to L&M. They are about an hour drive from me.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back