2008 "tigermachine II" Bullitt Mustang build, Pics & Video on Post #518 ...

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Passenger-Side Cam Phaser Failure Story & 2017 New-Cosmetic-Change-Pictures ...

Up-Date,

Guys below will be lots of new pictures of what Jon did on installing the new Livernois Cam Phasers, timing chain, billet-oil-pump-gears, Racing-Spark-Plugs etc.

Not a lot really for me to say other than to post the DBR Performance invoice that Jon did.
He took the time on it to explain what was going on and what he did.
Better him to explain than for me to try to remember everything he told me.

The other thing you will see in the pictures below are the most recent cosmetic changes I had them make while they had the Bullitt this last time.
So many years have gone by that more than likely a lot of you newer members will not even know the difference in what was on mine with names, decals etc.
Mainly the ones of you that actually know me and have followed the Mustang since 2008 will probably see the New Changes no doubt.
I feel like what I decided to change was the proper thing to do and also to show My-Support to DBR Performance as they have worked on mine for over two (2) years.
I did consider showing the Before & After Cosmetic pictures but really I think that would be in poor taste and not very professional so I am not showing the Before pictures.
If your all that interested I'm sure you could simply go back to previous pictures I've posted over the last 9-years to see what was changed for those that don't know.

Below are the pictures and information on this last Passenger-Side Cam Phaser Failure.

Guys, There is simply No-Way for me to post these pictures in the order they were taken.
So if your interested just look through them as I think you will get the general idea.
I obviously was not there taking the pictures Jon did them for me.

Okay guys below are the pictures of the Newest Cosmetic Changes just made for me by Jon at ,

My New Screen-Saver on my H/P 24" LCD Monitor,

image.php

06JET

forum member
Reaction score
Every time I look at your car I am amazed. Not only is it FAST with Enormous HP, it is beautifully built. It is the definition of Show and Go.
By the way . I have a Seibon carbon hood too and when it is hot it is like play dough.

Last edited:

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Very nice Terry thanks for sharing.

Every time I look at your car I am amazed. Not only is it FAST with Enormous HP, it is beautifully built. It is the definition of Show and Go.
By the way . I have a Seibon carbon hood too and when it is hot it is like play dough.

Your right the CF hoods will BEND and get out of Shape for sure in the Summer Heat at Car-Shows or Cars & Coffee with the CF Hood Raised.

If you don't have one of these, get one they work !!!

Here is a picture of it in use.
This is in my Brother's garage with his Vette's.

Good to see the Tiger Machine back on the road, have fun Terry!

Looking good!

Very Nice!!

Well guys just maybe I can keep it in my garage and get to drive it and not constantly have it being worked on.

Terry

06JET

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info on the hood prop. Man, it's pricey. $65
What are you thoughts on the hood pins. I really like the nose of my car being smooth and not excited about drilling holes in my hood. I am worried that the latch might give up and then a huge feeling of regret for not having the pins installed. I have only had it up to about 120 and no issues so far.
Now I'm just rambling, I know I need to install them.....dang it.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Terry, as always you have one of the most bad ass Mustangs around my friend

-Rocky :waytogo:

Thanks for the info on the hood prop. Man, it's pricey. $65
What are you thoughts on the hood pins. I really like the nose of my car being smooth and not excited about drilling holes in my hood. I am worried that the latch might give up and then a huge feeling of regret for not having the pins installed. I have only had it up to about 120 and no issues so far.
Now I'm just rambling, I know I need to install them.....dang it.

Here is my thoughts on installing or not installing the Hood-Pins.

As long as nothing bad happens like the Latch holding the New Seibon (High-Dollar) hood down works your A-OK.

But ...........

Now, speaking for myself ONLY, I'm not willing to take that chance !!!

Same limiters Terry?

ex_q100_w240_h_site_template_images_logoNew_5_28_15.png

https://www.livernoismotorsports.com/product/LPP823110

See lines MISC 3 & 4 below on invoice.

DBR%20invoice%20April%2012%202017%20Final_zpswhfuze2o.jpg

And below in this picture below,

DBR%20New%20Pics%20May%202017%2011_zpspgekgsiz.jpg

Terry

Last edited:

Macman45

Resident Geriatric
Reaction score
No more Brenspeed branding on the car?! What!!

Also time for a racing steering wheel!!!

Does the car still have all the airbags?

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
No more Brenspeed branding on the car?! What!!

Also time for a racing steering wheel!!!

Does the car still have all the airbags?

Ricky,

That would be correct on the 1st Performance Shop's name, Decals etc. being removed.

Yes the Factory airbags are both intact.
As well as the factory seat-belts.

Every Ford factory safety feature and options like, Power-Windows, Locks, Driver's-Seat, Steering, Brakes, Shaker 1000 System, A/C, Cruise all works exactly like it did when I took delivery of it in 2008.

It is still a street car but IMO it does run strong when needed.

Terry

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with switching horses and got with what works for you..i have had to d the same twice.

With that said you are an all or nothing type of guy

Andrew

Andrew,

With me it's very easy to do business with.
All an owner has to do, is do what we have agreed on, and stick to it.
I don't Demand or Expect some Special-Treatment but I do like to think if I hold up my part then hopefully the other person will in return.
If that does not take place then at some point I will make further adjustments to my business plan.

I'm not going to get on Facebook, Tweeter, E-Mails, PM's, the phone and talk down the person and or company.
In-Fact I'll more than likely not even mention a name or a specific company as to me it's simply in poor taste on my part.

My actions should speak IMHO (in-my-honest-opinion) loudly enough to anyone keeping up with what I do.

Terry

Last edited:

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just now found and completed an order for the Bullitt guys ...

Hello gang,

Well I had DBR Performance (Jon) temporarily install the stock headrest on the front seats when we did all the New Cosmetic Changes.

Meanwhile, I had to once again find the (Adjustable) Front-Headrest that had the 1st Performance-Shops logo installed on them.

Took awhile but just now completed the order once I located them and made sure they were the correct ones.

TMI Tilting Mustang Headrest Black Vinyl - Pair 43-78815-6525 (05-09 All) - Free Shipping

They have 4-Way adjustable tilt feature.

hr3b.jpg

Terry

AndrewNagle

forum member
Reaction score
Hello gang,

Well I had DBR Performance (Jon) temporarily install the stock headrest on the front seats when we did all the New Cosmetic Changes.

Meanwhile, I had to once again find the (Adjustable) Front-Headrest that had the 1st Performance-Shops logo installed on them.

Took awhile but just now completed the order once I located them and made sure they were the correct ones.

TMI Tilting Mustang Headrest Black Vinyl - Pair 43-78815-6525 (05-09 All) - Free Shipping

They have 4-Way adjustable tilt feature.

hr3b.jpg

Terry

Terry

Do these tilt back far enough, so when wearing a helmet your head feels normal and not pushing on your head ?

Andrew

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
Hello gang,

Well I had DBR Performance (Jon) temporarily install the stock headrest on the front seats when we did all the New Cosmetic Changes

Did Brent piss you off? Not enough thumbs-up in photos?

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Terry

Do these tilt back far enough, so when wearing a helmet your head feels normal and not pushing on your head ?

Andrew

The short answer is, Yes, I raced mine at Bowling Green, KY. in the Street Class.

I simply dropped the driver's seat (Down) and those adjustable head-rest I tilted as far back as they would go.

Keep in mind that they Don't adjust really Backwards.

They simply don't have your Head Pushing Forward with or without a Helmet on.
They don't actually Tilt Backwards.
They just don't Tilt constantly Forward like the Non-Adjustable stock headrest.

Below is the helmet I use and I had no issues at all.

Below are six (6) pictures I just took for you.
I think it will be obvious the difference in the Stock versus the Adjustable.

If you use Brenspeed I'll sell you the set I have with that Brenspeed company logo on them.

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/...fthetigermachineIIJuly2620144_zps92b82f9f.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XT4eegrIWA

Terry

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back