Man Without a Country?

jsimmonstx

forum member
Reaction score
When I got my most recent (2012 V6) Mustang, I fit right into the typical forum organizational trends that featured a clear delineation between V6, 5.0, and "special model" (Shelby, Boss, etc) owners. I had a place in the grand order of things, and I knew where that place was. Life was good.

However, I'm about to embark on an ill-advised, oft-challenged mod that requires a lot of effort and money, and as some have pointed out, is cool and insane at the same time. The problem is that it will render my place in the fore-mentioned grand order not so clearly defined.

Where does one go for like-minded souls when that person swaps out a perfectly good 3.7 V6 for a carbureted 427w/T56, foregoing computer controls and (GASP!) EPA regulations? The car clearly won't fit in with the V6 crowd, and it substantially transcends the 5.0 cars by sheer displacement. It will even rival the Shelby in terms of power numbers.

Where will I fit in? :(

Last edited:

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Stahp....+Damn+chinese...+Thats+where+my+cat+went_50bdcf_4061715.jpg

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
And this is 2015+ related how....?

Little late for April Fool's....

jsimmonstx

forum member
Reaction score
No - I'm not asking a technical question.

But that's the reason for my question, Since the only thing I have in common with any of the sub-forums is that my car is a S197, where would I post tech questions? It will no longer be a V6, will never be a 5.0, and isn't a Shelby (except in casual appearance).

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
You will be known as a hybrid and will be shunned.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
so maybe we should start a "Frankenstein" sub-forum....

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well you're making a race car not a street car, so I would suggest a race car forum. We all are somewhat bypassing the EPA regs with offroad exhaust but our cars are still running the engines Ford currently install in our chassis. We can still get the car passed on inspections and if stopped by the law can get by with our mods, except in CA.

Your swap to a 427 pushrod motor could never get past an inspection, so it can't really be streetable, If you live in a state without inspections, I still wouldn't do the swap for a street car. If ever stopped by the law driving on the street you will be sorry, even if the cop isn't a gearhead, most know enough about cars to know a pushrod motor when the see and hear one.

Earl

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Earl luckily for us in Texas the state inspection is based on the year of car if factory but once you swap engines to something other than factory the inspection is based on year of engine. Ive always been into racing and swapping shit. I had a 1986 s10 blazer with a late 60's chevy 302. They tried to fail me repeatedly but I knew where in the book to find the requirements and quickly they learned. Lol.

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Earl luckily for us in Texas the state inspection is based on the year of car if factory but once you swap engines to something other than factory the inspection is based on year of engine. Ive always been into racing and swapping shit. I had a 1986 s10 blazer with a late 60's chevy 302. They tried to fail me repeatedly but I knew where in the book to find the requirements and quickly they learned. Lol.

Didn't know that and I can't believe the state laws could supersede Federal law. I wonder how they get around that. So I could take a 2009 S197 and put in an engine I say is from 1969 and I wouldn't have to meet any emission requirements because there weren't any in 69?

Earl

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back